Chapter 29

"Remind me why you wanted to go hiking for our first date?" I panted as I tried to keep up with Mark's pace. He chuckled and looked at me.

"I thought it'd be fun. Plus we have less chances of running into a fan here." He smiled and kept walking. I was breathing heavily, that man was fast. Even with the huge backpack he was carrying, he still had the strength to walk much faster than me.

"You're very impressive." I sighed, finally reaching Mark. He shook his head and sat down on the ground, pulling me with him.

"Let's have a break." He said while taking the bag off his back. I was catching my breath when he handed me a bottle of water. I was still afraid to be very close to him, even if there was no one around and he was wearing sunglasses and a cap.

"Mark, are you sure it's safe to be all alone? I mean, it's not the first time we end up alone in public but this time I don't have anything to make people think I'm just a staff member." I turned to him and bit my lip slightly.

"Nah, there's hardly anyone around here. Especially not in October. I usually come across elderly people." He smiled at me and took off his sunglasses. I was glad to see his beautiful eyes.

"Alright." I let out a small sigh and drank a bit of water. I felt his hand squeeze mine and looked up at him. He still had that sweet smile.

"I thought it'd be nice to be alone with you, somewhere other than the company." He scooted closer to me, and I rested my head on his shoulder. I felt the corners of my lips turn up as his breath caressed my skin.

"Mark." I said with my eyes closed.

"Yeah?"

"Thank you." I opened my eyes and looked up at him. He hadn't stopped smiling at all.

"What for?" He asked.

"For everything. We wouldn't be here if you hadn't dragged me out of that house." I giggled. His hands found their way to my cheeks.

"You still sent me 'Mayday' so you can also have some credits." He said, pecked my lips and stood up. He looked down at me with a grin while I took a deep breath and got ready to go further. He helped me up, I stumbled a bit but he was there to catch me. He was always there to catch me when I was falling, be it figuratively or concretely.

We didn't go much further, as Mark said he'd take me back home for some reason I ignored. I followed along, and half an hour later we were in his car.

"Why did you want to stop hiking?" I asked him as I fastened my seatbelt.

"The day is far from over, and I wanna take you somewhere else tonight." He smirked, making me confused. I thought he had only planned the hiking part of the day. It was a rather pleasant surprise to know he wanted to do other things as well.

I didn't reply to that, instead I simply let silence take over the car. He dropped me off at Daeun's.

"I'll pick you up at 7. Be ready." He looked at me and pecked my lips. I smiled.

"Do I need to wear something specific?" I asked and he nodded.

"Wear something fancy." He winked before I got out of the car. We both said 'see you later' and I watched him drive away. I then heard the front door open behind me and looked at the front of the house. It was Daeun.

"What are you doing here already?" She asked. I shrugged, swinging my backpack on my shoulder.

"Another date tonight at 7. I have to get ready." I smiled and stepped inside. As I was taking my shoes off, Daeun had the corners of her lips turned upwards.

"What will you be wearing?" She asked, walking past me to get to the living room.

"I have no idea." I sighed, setting my bag on the ground. I didn't own a lot of fancy clothes. I had a dress here and there but I didn't know if they would be good enough.

"I've got a dress that could fit you flawlessly." Daeun said as she sat down on the couch. I went to sit right next to her.

"Yeah?" I asked. I was interested, maybe I could borrow it for tonight.

"Black, sleevless sheath dress. Not too tight, not showing too much cleavage, reaches just above the knee. You'd look stunning." She described the dress, getting me even more interested.

"Could I try it on?" I asked her, turning my body around to fully face her. She nodded and smiled, then stood up and pulled me up with her.

"Follow me. We have..." She stopped and looked at her watch. "Three hours for you to look like a princess." She said and I scoffed.

"I don't wanna look fake though." I sighed.

"Of course not." She laughed, leading me to her room. I watched as she looked through her wardrobe. After a few seconds, she got the dress out, and held the coat hanger in her left hand as she proudly showed the piece of clothing to me. I nodded approvingly.

"Yep, that's a really nice dress." I said. Daeun placed it on her bed neatly.

"Go have a shower and slip that beauty on, I'll help you with your makeup." She smiled and started pushing me gently to the bathroom.

"Help with my makeup? I'm not a kid anymore." I laughed and closed the door after Daeun left me in the bathroom. I heard her chuckle.

"Shut up and let me help!" I shook my head with a smile.

After my shower, I dried my hair and slipped the dress on before looking at myself in the mirror. Daeun was right, it suited me very well.

"You're stunning already." I heard her and turned around to see her leaning on the doorframe. I smiled.

"Thank you." I turned my gaze back to the mirror. After a few minutes, I allowed Daeun to do my makeup. All she did was putting on a bit of eyeliner and lipstick only slightly pinker than my lips. Overall, it wasn't far from my everyday makeup. She also styled my hair. She made very light waves that gave volume to my hair. The whole look was very natural but still a bit sophisticated. I liked it a lot.

"Unnie..." I started but Daeun stopped me.

"Don't say anything. You look gorgeous. Mark will be here shortly."