Chapter 15

Daeun was looking at me suspiciously as Mark and I were smiling at each other. I didn't realize we sometimes looked like more than friends. To me, it was out of the question that I'd be dating Mark. He was my friend, nothing more. Was I stupid to not realize my heart wanted more?

"Are you done with your schedule?" I asked Mark and he shook his head.

"Not quite yet, I'll be done tonight. You should go home, show your family around." He said and I nodded, linking my arm with my mother's. I said goodbye to him and was out of the building and on my way to the apartment quickly enough.

"He's a handsome young man." My mother said and I looked at her.

"He is, isn't he?" Daeun added and smirked at me.

"Well, he's an idol. Their looks are very important. I think that only the talent should matter but who am I to change to whole kpop industry?" I said and chuckled a bit.

When we arrived at the apartment, Daeun and my mother were in awe. I had gotten used to how good it actually looked.

"So this is where I live." I said and smiled, setting my bag down.

"And you have two roommates, right?" My mom asked me.

"Yeah. My friend Mark and my other friend Jackson." I replied and Daeun smirked again.

"So you live with that Mark boy." She said and I rolled my eyes.

"There's nothing between us." I groaned but she raised her hands.

"I never said that. You did." Once again, that smirk of hers. Touché. I couldn't say anything to that so I just ignored her.

I spent some time catching up with them some more and didn't see the hours pass by.

"So why did you move out?" Daeun asked and I didn't think twice.

"Mark said I could move in to stop Seulki from getting to me." I replied and instantly felt like I had said too much. I had never talked about Seulki to Daeun or my mother.

"Seulki? What happened with Seulki?" Mom asked me and that's when I realized I had to spill the beans. Maybe it wouldn't be negative to tell them, now that I was out of this mess and happy.

I told them just the tip of the iceberg. That she was manipulative and that I was like her slave. I didn't say that it had been going on forever, because telling them what was up with Seulki was already big enough. I also told them about the trial and how her punch sent me to the hospital. Mom was crying softly.

"Why did you never tell us?" Daeun asked with teary eyes. I shrugged.

"I never told anyone. Mark was the first one to know, and that's because he reached out to me in the first place. He helped me a lot." I sighed. However, the thought of Mark put a smile on my face. My mother looked so disappointed. Not in me, but in herself.

"I left you in such an environment. Forgive me." She wiped the tears that fell from her eyes and I grabbed her hand.

"I was the one wanting to stay in Seoul, and I stayed silent. It's my fault for not telling anyone. Don't blame yourself." I said and stood up to hug her.

It was an emotional moment, and I regretted not telling them sooner because I realized that they would have helped me the best they could have. But it was too late now, at least I was out of that house.

I dropped my mother at the station in the evening, Daeun stayed because she had to unpack her things at her new home here in Seoul but she also left not long after mom. I went back home and Mark and Jackson were waiting for me.

"Oh, you're alone?" Mark said with a bowl of soup in his hands and a spoon in his mouth.

"Yeah, they went back home. My mom got a smartphone so I'll be able to join her more easily." I sighed and sat down in the kitchen.

"You were with your mom?" Jackson asked when he went in the kitchen to open the fridge and look for something to drink.

"And my sister. I missed them." I smiled at him and I noticed a frown on his face.

"I miss my mom." He sighed and sat down in front of me with a bottle of water in his left hand.

"You're on vacation, you should go back to them." I smiled at him and he looked up at me with wide eyes.

"I had forgotten about that! I'll go buy plane tickets." He exclaimed and stormed out of the room, leaving me with Mark and his soup.

"What about you? Are you not going back to the United States?" I turned to him and he nodded. As much as I wanted to be happy for him, I was still feeling sad about him being gone for two whole weeks.

"I'll be coming back sooner than I thought though." He said. Had he heard my thoughts?

"How so?" I asked.

"I have things to do. I'm guessing you're on vacation too, since we won't be there." He said. He was right, when they were on vacation, I was as well. I worked only for GOT7 and not for other groups.

"I'll stay in Seoul and help my sister with her new house. When are you leaving?" I rested my hand on my hand as I leaned my elbow on the table. I was looking at him while he put his bowl in the sink.

"I'll leave in two days. I'll text you whenever I can though." He turned around and sat down in front of me. I sighed and smiled.

"You better. And have as much fun as you can." I told him and I saw that smile of his again. He just nodded and then left the room. I let out a huge breath and looked around. Guessed I was gonna be alone for a few days.

◇◇◇◇

A/N: This story is getting more and more views, this is so nice to see. Thank you everyone! Once again, I'm sorry if updating takes me longer, the first week of the school year in my university is always so full, I have so many things to do. Love you guys!