Chapter 27

My vision got blurry as I walked around Seoul. The streets were empty, the city seemed entirely lifeless. It was like time had stopped. I found myself in front of JYP Entertainment, my legs had taken me there without me realizing. As I stood in front of the main door, I saw my reflection in the glass, my face was bruised and one of my cheekbones was swollen.

"(Y/N)..." I heard a voice calling me from behind and I turned around. Daeun was facing me, her eyes full of sorrow, her white shirt was stained and was slowly getting... bloodier. I gasped and tried to reach for her, but the world spun and I was then inside the building. In the corner of the room, I recognized Seulki and Mark, they were facing each other with loving eyes. Mark turned to me, his gaze was different. He looked at me like he was laughing at me.

"You didn't think I'd give up on her for you, did you?" He said, chuckling wholeheartedly. Seulki smirked at that.

"I will take everything that you love. Your father, your sister... Your love. That is if he actually loved you." She laughed maniacally, my heart was aching, I was dizzy, I fell to my knees.

"Mark!" I yelled and reached out my arms but he just laughed. And then I heard multiple voices. "Be nice to your sister ... He doesn't love you ... Why would someone actually want you? ... You're worthless, be more like Seulki ... Mark will give up on you"

"No!" I screamed, sitting up. I was in bed, back at Mark and Jackson's for some reason. But then I remembered I had fallen asleep on the couch. Mark had most likely put me in my bed. The room was dark, only a thin light from the city was shining through the blinds.

I was covered in sweat, my breathing was heavy. It was just a nightmare, yes, a nightmare.

"(Y/N)!" Mark ran in, not even knocking. When I saw him, I got up on my feet and pulled him in my arms. I felt his tense muscle soften under my embrace.

"I thought I'd lost you..." I mumbled against his chest. Without me seeing it, Mark frowned and moved his hands to my shoulders. He slowly pushed me a little to have a good look at my face.

"It was only a nightmare. I'm here to stay, you won't lose me. Not now, not ever." He said and rested his forehead on mine, his hands were then on my cheeks. I felt my eyes prickle with tears as I examined his features. How did that man, that gorgeous, golden-hearted, fun as ever, talented man, actually find interest in old boring me?

"Mark... Why are you with me?" I asked him, making him open his eyes widely. He seemed rather confused.

"Because I like you. Because I want to be with you. Because spending time with you, seeing you smile, seeing you laugh, makes me happy. I want to protect you, I want to hold you." He replied, wrapping his arms around my figure. I felt myself relax in his arms.

"You're too good to me." I let out a sigh as my arms snaked around his body, my hands went to rest on his back.

"You're too good to me." He repeated and started moving towards my bed. He gently pushed me down on the matress and hovered over me as he looked at me with his eyes reflecting the little light in the room. "You're beautiful." He added, brushing a strand of hair off my face.

"Mark..." I said, my eyes locked with his soft ones. His arms were on each sides of my face and his hands were on my cheeks.

"Yes?" His thumb ran over my cheekbone, and I couldn't help but think back at the nightmare I had woken up from minutes ago. That is if he actually loved you. Those words rang in my ears like nails on a chalkboard. One thing I was sure about, I loved him more than anything, more than anyone. I would walk miles on end for him, I would give my life for him.

I spent a few seconds thinking and then closed the gap that separated us. As I kissed him, I felt my worries fly away, his lips were an escape I could lose myself into. They were soft but his kisses were rough. When I pulled away, I locked my gaze with him while his face was in my hands, my palms resting on his reddened cheeks.

"I... There's something I want to tell you." I whispered, his eyes filled with worry again and he rolled next to me so I could be comfortable and say what I needed to say. I was tired of keeping my feelings inside. I recalled Wonpil saying "Don't forget to tell him" and I wouldn't forget.

Mark wasn't just my boyfriend, he was much more than that. He was my other half, my knight in shining armor, my savior. He was the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. For that to happen, we had to get our relationship to the next step. The 'I like you' phase had to cease for us to grow as a couple, for me to grow as a person. Who cared if, someday, his fans went after me because he had chosen me? But... Had he chosen me? I knew I loved him, I was ready for the next step, but was he?

With shaky breaths, I laid on my side and faced Mark who was looking at me in silence. His hand had found my waist as his head rested on my pillow. Our faces were inches apart.

"What's up?" He asked after a few minutes of silence. His face was still showing signs of worry, but he seemed calm enough to me. I hoped I wouldn't ruin anything by going too fast for his liking.

"I love you." I finally said and watched fear leaving his eyes as his features softened. He gave me a bright smile and his lips attached to mine in a matter of seconds. We kissed for a little while until Mark pulled away to breathe.

"It's funny you're saying that because I happen to love you as well." As he said those words, I felt my world stop spinning in a good way. I was then sure of the strength of our bond and my heart could've burst from the emotion.

That night, Mark stayed in my room. He didn't leave me alone and I could sleep in the safety of his strong and loving embrace.

◇◇◇◇

A/N: I feel so bad for posting only one chapter a week, but damn I'd never worked so much for school in the past. Uni is hard but I'll try to keep a steady pace with the chapters. I still have three weeks of classes before some "vacation" (Not vacation at all, it's two weeks of intense studying before three weeks of exams). My 20th birthday is coming up in a month, we'll see if I'll finish writing chapters by then! :) I hope you still like this story, my dears, and thank you very much for reading! Xoxo