Chapter 35

A few days after that evening spent celebrating with everyone, I had an astounding amount of work to provide with GOT7. Plus, I had been invited to the Christmas party the company was organizing. As much as I wanted to go with Mark as a couple, only few people were aware of our relationship, and Park Jinyoung had no idea. I wanted to keep my job, I wanted Mark to stay away from scandals, so going with him was a no-no. Spending time with the group was however something I was definitely going to do.

The morning of the day of the Christmas party was super busy, I was running around with GOT7. They had group practice, individual practice, vocal training, and more. It was barely 11 when we had our first break in four hours.

"I am already tired." I giggled, plopping down on a chair. Mark chuckled.

"The day is far from over though." He said, ruffling my hair. I gave him an angry look, though it wasn't serious.

"Aren't we allowed to go earlier because of the preparations for the party?" I asked.

"We are. We still have two hours of practice, though." Jackson said and then let out a soft groan.

They went on with practising their choreographies for the last two hours. Since I didn't have anything to do for a little while, I just watched them. It was no secret that my eyes were glued to Mark.

"You're going to drool." Jinyoung said after they had stopped dancing. I felt blood rush to my cheeks, making my face turn into a deep crimson red shade.

"As long as she drools for me only, I don't mind." Mark chimed in as he walked up to me and kneeled down to my level. His words made my face even hotter and I slapped his shoulder gently.

"Ew!" Yugyeom exclaimed, laughing afterwards. I then shook my head and stood up.

"I'm gonna go get some water from the vending machine." I said, pecked Mark's head and got out of the room. As I made my way through the halls, I bumped into Mina, who seemed very happy to see me.

"Unnie! Hi!" She said excitedly.

"Hey Mina! How are you?" I asked with a big smile. Mina was lovely, humble and joyful. I had grown a bit closer to her, but we could never spend time with each other because of the crazy schedules.

"I'm good. I'm going to go buy a dress for tonight's Christmas party, do you want to join me?" She asked. I found it was very nice of her to invite me, so I couldn't say no.

"I would love to, let me just text Ma-" I started but quickly stopped myself. "My friend."

"Okay, I'll wait for you in the lobby." She said and waved before walking away. I quickly sent a text to Mark to tell him not to worry and that I was going out with Mina. I then made my way to the lobby where Mina was waiting for me.

~

While I was looking through the racks of countless dresses, Mina walked up to me with a dark blue dress.

"Unnie, what do you think of that one?" She asked me, holding the dress in front of her.

"I think it'd look super good on you!" I said, and saw her smile behind her mask and sunglasses.

"Really? I really like it, I think I'm going to get it." She said, her covered gaze drifting from me to the dress. I then saw a beautiful red dress and thought 'this is the one'.

"Mina, look at this one. What do you think?" I showed it to her. Once again, I could see the outline of her smile.

"This is the best one you've shown me. You could make anyone swoon with that dress." She said and in my head, I said that I only wanted to make Mark swoon.

"Then my choice is made." I exclaimed, taking the dress with me.

Mina and I paid for our dresses, then we decided to go get something to eat before leaving, and I got surprised by the amount of ketchup she could eat. But the time was passing and we had to get back to get ready for the party.

"Unnie, I noticed something." Mina told me as we walked through the parking lot to get to the car her manager had let us use.

"What?" I asked with a curious tone.

"I saw a ring on your finger. Are you engaged?" She asked, and I swore I could've choked on my saliva.

"No, no! It' a... It's a promise ring. I'm not engaged yet." I told her, my eyes quickly focusing on my left hand.

"Who's the lucky guy?" I could feel her smile behind her mask. I couldn't tell her but what was I supposed to say?

"That's a secret!" I exclaimed and tried to keep some cheerfulness in my voice so she wouldn't grow suspicious.

"Don't tell me you're dating an idol." She gasped and I realized I had miserably failed at not raising suspicion. I wanted to facepalm when nothing came out of my mouth. She took off her sunglasses and looked at me with wide eyes.

"Mina, please, don't say anything." I sighed, and she let out another gap.

"So you ARE dating an idol! How long has it been?" She asked, and I could feel curiosity radiating from her.

"It's been a few months. Very few people know about it. Please don't tell anyone." I told her, as I figured it would be no use in keeping it from her as she had, by some miracle, guessed I was dating an idol.

"I'll be silent as a tomb. And I have a little guess as to who you're with." She smiled and nudged me gently with her elbow. I felt myself blush.

"Y-You do?" I scratched my neck, in that moment I really thought the cat was fully out of the bag.

"He must be from GOT7. And there is one member from GOT7 who seems very, very close to you." She said as we reached the car. She got in the passenger seat while I sat in the driver seat.

"We are crap at hiding it." I sighed, placing my hands on the wheel. Mina giggled.

"Not at all, I wouldn't have found out if it wasn't for your awkward exclamation. Had you made up a name, I'd never have guessed." She said, and took off her sunglasses and mask. Sometimes, I was not very bright.

"There's no point in hiding it from you now, I guess." I once again let out a sigh. Then I started the engine and drove out of the parking lot.

"I won't tell anyone. But, tell me something, is it Mark?" She asked, her eyes pleading me to answer her.

"Yep, it is Mark."

◇◇◇◇

A/N: Let me apologize for the very delayed update, but the other chapters should be posted faster as I finished my exams! Also, I went to see the BTS World Tour: Love Yourself in Seoul concert at the movies and it was so good I cried like a baby. LOVE YOU GUYS!