Chapter 36

After dropping Mina off back at the company and leaving the car there, I made my way back home. The guys had already left the company, so it was more than likely that I would see Mark and Jackson at home.

When I went through the door, I was greeted by Coco running towards my feet. I giggled softly as she jumped up on my legs.

"Hello to you too, little sunshine!" I said after taking off my shoes, bending down to pick up the fluffy white dog.

"I thought I was your sunshine." Mark popped his head from the living room, and I shook my head, laughing at him in my head.

"I'm sorry but you're not Coco." I pointed out, walking past him with Coco in my arms.

"I'm sorry but she's my dog." He said, reaching out for the small dog. I let him pick her up in his arms and just kept on a small smile as I looked at him. I pecked his lips before glancing at the clock on the wall.

"We have to tidy the apartment and get ready, we only have a few hours before the party and I refuse to leave this place if it's not spotless." I said, shooting a glance at the bag I was holding. Mark followed my gaze and looked back up at me.

"What's that?" He asked, his mouth hidden in the fur of Coco's head as he scratched her neck. She seemed to be enjoying it greatly.

"You'll see tonight." I winked at him and disappeared in the hallway as I made my way to my room. I remembered Mina saying I could make anyone swoon over me if I wore that dress, so I hoped Mark would be the one swooning.

~

After spending some time cleaning with the help of Mark and Jackson, I finally got around to getting ready for the Christmas party. I had a shower, dried my hair and then slipped on the dress and put on makeup. I was soon ready to leave, and wondered if the guys were too.

"Guys, how much time do you still need?" I called out from my room, looking for some shoes to wear.

"We're waiting for you!" I heard Jackson yell back at me, most likely from the living room. I settled on a pair of black heels and left the room.

"Let's go, then." I smiled, looking at Mark whose eyes grew bigger in size once he set them on me. I giggled when I saw he was wearing a suit with a red shirt underneath, unknowingly, we had dressed up in matching colors.

"Aren't you beautiful tonight?" Jackson smiled at me, earning a glare from Mark whose sudden jealousy could be sensed in the air.

"Thank you, you guys are very handsome too." I gave a smile back, and walked up to Mark who shifted his attention from Jackson back to me.

"I'm glad Mina was right when she said I'd make you swoon." I said and grabbed Mark's hand.

"Make ME swoon? How does she know you'd make ME swoon?" He cocked an eyebrow and I shrugged my shoulders.

"Technically, she said I could make anyone swoon but my goal was you. And it seems like it's working." I gave him a peck on the cheek and saw the tips of his ears turn a bright shade of red.

~

We left for the party seperatly, Mark and Jackson went together, while I went by myself. It didn't bother me much, but I did wish I didn't have to hide. However, Mark's career was too important to me to just give up on making efforts to preserve it from scandals.

When I got to the party, a lot of people were already there. I spotted Jaebum and Youngjae in a corner and walked up to them.

"Hey guys." I said, gripping at my purse. They looked at me and smiled.

"Hey noona!" Youngjae exclaimed and pulled me into a small hug. Jaebum also greeted me.

"What's up?" I asked, looking around to see if I could spot Mark.

"We're waiting for the food. We can eat whatever we want tonight, it's like a Christmas gift." Jaebum said and I had to let out a small laugh.

"If you're looking for Mark hyung, he was next to the drink table." Youngjae added and I nodded with a smile.

"Thanks, see you guys later!" I said, and started walking away.

"I hope you've taken good care of Coco so far!" Youngjae yelled at me as I was getting farther away from them.

"We have!" I yelled back at him, quickly looking back towards his direction, and then looked back around to see if I could spot Mark. When I finally did, I noticed he was talking to Jinyoung.

"Hello!" I said as I reached them. Mark looked at me and gave me a bright smile. I had to resist the urge to kiss him and touch him, we had to keep our hands off each other in public.

"Well, you're a lucky guy, hyung." Jinyoung said as he looked at me up and down. I blushed a bit at the implicit compliment.

"Keep your eyes up there, Jinyoung." Mark growled softly. He was very jealous that night, it was somehow a bit funny.

"(Y/N) unnie!" I heard my name being called and looked around to see who it was. I saw Mina walk towards me and automatically smiled.

"Mina! Hey again!" I said, pulling her in my arms to hug her. "You look simply gorgeous." I added as I looked at her. That blue dress was definitely the greatest choice for her.

"Thank you very much. You look super cute as well, I told you you would!" She replied with a grin. She then looked behind me and noticed Mark and Jinyoung.

"Hey Mina." Jinyoung greeted her and showed his beautiful teeth as he smiled.

"Hi guys! I'm sorry I already have to go, the girls are waiting for me. I just wanted to greet you all. See you later!" Mina said, gave me another small hug, and then, before walking away in the direction of the rest of TWICE, she whispered in my ear that Mark had a beautiful spark in his eyes as he looked at me. I blushed a bit but tried to change my mind as I tried to engross myself in a conversation with Mark and Jinyoung.

◇◇◇◇

A/N: Oh my god... That hiatus was huge. I am so sorry, guys. Uni was crazy, but I'm very glad to say that I passed my second year with flying colors! I hope you will forgive me, and I'll make sure to post more now that I have time again! Thank you so much for reading, love you! ♡