Chapter 39

As I sat next to the window in Mark's room, looking at the city in front of my eyes, I could see that Seoul was covered in snow. I felt a sense of sadness, the thought of my father kept haunting me, and I had to do something about it.

"What's on your mind?" I heard Mark mumble and looked at him. He was looking at me from his bed, with his hair hiding one of his eyes. He was lying down on his belly, his arms were under his pillow, and his bare back moved up and down with each breath he took. He had just woken up, and he looked like an angel.

"I need to see my father." I said softly and raised my legs up to the chair, so I could rest my chin on my knees.

"Mh..." Mark hummed, and rolled on his back. "Hey, come here." He said, his raspy morning voice filling my ears. I stood up, and made my way towards him. But he grabbed my wrist and pulled me down, making me fall down right on him.

"What was that?" I giggled. Mark raised his hand and pushed a strand of my hair behind my ear. I sat properly on him, with my legs on each side of his body. His hands then found my sides, right under the oversized shirt I was wearing, his shirt to be precise.

"You're so cute." He smiled up at me, and I felt my cheeks burn a deep shade of red. I tried my best to hide my face behind my hair, I hated the fact that he made me blush so much.

"Why do you always do that?" I sighed, cupping my cheeks with my hands to sooth the heat radiating from them.

"Do what?" He giggled, his thumbs tracing small circles on my skin. Another breath espaced my mouth, and I finally decided to stop hiding behind my hair.

"That!" I pointed at my reddened cheeks, hoping he would get the message. He shook his head, a smile still tugging at the corners of his lips.

"I'm not doing anything though." He sat up so I was now sitting on his thighs. He pecked my nose very gently, and kept his hands firmly on my hips.

"Do you have anything to do today?" I asked and dropped my head down in the crook of his neck. My arms snaked around his waist.

"Practice. Why?" Mark answered as his hands left my hips to travel up my bare back.

"I have something to take care of. It's good that you will be busy, I won't have to feel bad about not taking advantage of you having a day off." I explained, and closed my eyes as the warmth of his skin made me feel cosy and, simply peaceful.

"You're on a day off?" He suddenly backed away from me and looked at me with wide eyes. Usually, when Mark was working, I was working as well, but today was one of my rare days off as a member of the GOT7 staff.

"Yeah, and I need to clear up some stuff. So let's get ready so we can both attend to our duties." I smiled, placing a small kiss on his cheek, and I stood up to leave the room and start my day.

~

As I got out of my car, I started looking through my bundle of keys to find the one of my father's house. I had never gotten rid of that key, Mark found it weird that I was still holding onto it, and I didn't know myself why I was. I saw that my father's car was parked in front of the house, however I saw no sign of my step-mother's car, which I found odd because it was always in sight.

I calmly made my way to the door and unlocked it. When I stepped in, I heard the television, meaning the house was not empty. I walked to the living room, and I found my father sitting in the couch, a cup of tea in his hands. I put my keys back in my pockets and started hugging myself for moral support. 

"Hey dad..." I said slowly and he seemed to get scared by the sudden presence in the room with him. He looked at me and immediately put his cup down to stand up. He suddenly looked down and I saw him swallow a lump that seemed to have been stuck in his throat.

"Oh hello, I wasn't expecting you, if I had known you were coming, I would've gotten some rice cakes." He said, still looking down. It was like he didn't dare to look at me. It somehow made my heart ache a little bit, but I wanted to smile slightly at the fact that he remembered how I loved going out for rice cakes with him as a child.  My anger towards him had changed into sadness over the time I had not seen him, I was also more disappointed than infuriated. 

"Are you alone?" I asked, looking around the room, noticing some items missing. My father blinked and finally looked at me.

"I got a divorce. After what happened, I couldn't live with that woman anymore, or even myself. It took me way too long though." He replied, and picked up the cup he had put on the coffee table in front of the couch. I was seriously taken aback. 

"I... I don't know what to say. I'm not going to say that I'm sorry. To me, this sounds more like a very good thing." I admitted and anticipated his reaction. To my surprise, he simply nodded. A few seconds of silence passed as I stood before my father, while he looked down at the cup in his hand. 

"How about... How about we talk about all of this in front of a cup of tea? I feel like I have some explaining to do, and like you have a lot to tell me." He said, and I immediately nodded. After all, that was what I was here for.