Chapter 30

Anxiously waiting for Mark's arrival, I stood in front of the front door and fidgeted with my hands. I had never dressed so formally around him and I was really curious to see his reaction. I never called myself pretty, but I sure wasn't ugly that night. Every time I heard a car passing by, I popped my head up to look through the small window at the top of the door. As they were passing by, I felt disappointed with each car. Mark was to be there any moment and I had a hard time containing my excitement.

"Relax, honey. He'll be there soon." Daeun said as she walked up to me. I looked at her and sighed.

"I really wonder what he's planned." I said, finally getting away from the door. Daeun shrugged her shoulders.

"You'll see. Don't get so worked up over that." She said. I then heard a car honk outside and jumped a bit. It must have been him! I quickly peaked through the window, and a smile broke out on my face as I recognized Mark's car. I quickly grabbed my heels, ran to the living room and waited for him to ring the doorbell. When he did, Daeun opened the door.

"Well, aren't you handsome. (Y/N) is going to swoon." I heard my sister say. I wanted to pinch her at that.

"Hey noona." I heard him reply. Noona? When did they get friendly enough for him to call him that? Scratch that, I just wanted to see him.

"I'll go get her." She said and I heard her come into the living room. When I saw her, she had a smug grin on her face. "You better run to get your man."

I thanked her and slipped on my heels before walking to the front door. When I saw Mark, my knees became weak. He was wearing a suit and his hair was neatly styled. He looked like he'd come straight out of a magazine.

"Hi." I said and looked down. He was looking at me with wide eyes and I didn't know how to feel about that.

"Hey... You... You look gorgeous." He said, scratching the back of his head. I looked up at him and smiled.

"Thank you. You're very handsome as well." I mumbled from stress, and then he took my hand in his.

"Let's go?" He asked. I nodded and put on my coat. I was ready to step out of the house but Daeun stopped me so I looked at her with confused eyes.

"Take this." She said while handing me a backpack. I furrowed my eyebrows. That was the backpack I had brought to stay with her.

"What?" I asked, taking the bag in my hands.

"I love having you around, but you clearly need to go back to him. It's killing you to be away from him. Go have fun and don't come back!" She chuckled. I knew she wasn't serious about me not coming back so I laughed a bit. I then pulled her in my arms and squeezed her tightly.

"Thank you, unnie." I mumbled against her shoulder as she patted my back lovingly.

"Go. Don't make your man wait." She gently pushed me away, then put my hand in Mark's.

"I'll see you soon." I said with the backpack in one hand and Mark's hand in the other. I then made my way to Mark's car.

~

"So where are you taking me?" I asked Mark as he focused on the road. He smiled.

"You'll see." He replied. Usually, I'd have pushed him to get answers but I just kept quiet. The whole ride was silent. Mark and I were always quiet in the car, his friends, on the other hand, were always super loud.

I got very confused when I saw Mark pull up in the parking lot of the apartment complex he... we lived in. Why there?

"We're there." He said while unfastening his seatbelt. I furrowed my eyebrows but followed him. We just went to the apartment.

I followed him closely with my bag in my hands as he walked in front of me to reach our destination. He got his keys out of his pocket once we were in front of the door to open it and he turned to me before we got inside.

"Close your eyes." He said. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Why?" I asked. He just smiled and put his hands on my eyes before gently pushing me inside. I heard him close the door with his foot and he stopped moving, his soft hands still resting on my eyes.

"Do you see anything?" He asked me, I could hear his smile in his voice.

"No, not one thing. It's like I'm blind." I replied and giggled. Mark then moved his hands away. I got surprised when I saw the whole place was lit with candles, and a trail of petal flowers were leading the way from the front door to the dinner table which had been beautifully decorated with candles and flowers, two plates were waiting for us.

"Do you like it?" He looked at me and I just looked back at him, dumbfounded.

"I didn't know you were the romantic type." I managed to mumble and my eyes drifted back to the beautiful setup he had prepared. "But... Is there a reason?" I asked. Mark just giggled.

"We've been together for a hundred days, have you forgotten?" He said, my eyes widened. I surely was not good at keeping track of days.

"A hundred days already? Wow..." I breathed out, set my bag down in the corner of the room and made my way to the table. Mark followed me.

"I was thinking of going to the restaurant but maybe you wouldn't have followed me from fear of getting noticed by fans. So I brought the restaurant here." He walked up to me and placed his hands on my hips. I smiled.

"It's much better than the restaurant. I really appreciate all the effort you put into this. Thank you." I rested my head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat.

"I love you." He said, grabbing my shoulders and making me look at him. I just smiled.

"I love you too."

◇◇◇◇

A/N: Two updates in one weekend! I actually found the time to write a bit so I thought you'd appreciate a "double" update! I still have a week of classes, and a big English grammar test tomorrow, so I hope everything will go smoothly, but I know I will have more time to write. Expect more updates around Christmas! It will be a little present!