Chapter 18

Mark and I didn't even have the chance to talk about why I had hugged him like that. When he awakened, I had locked myself in my room and I refused to get out. I had no idea it would've been that hard to face my feelings, to face him. I was longing for his embrace so bad it hurt.

"(Y/N), you've been locked in there for hours. Are you sure nothing happened?" I heard his voice on the other side of the door. I took a deep breath before burying my face in the pillow. Why couldn't I face him?

"Nothing happened." I mumbled loud enough for him to hear, and I caught the sound of him sighing.

"I'm calling the guys." He said and my head shot up from the pillow I was holding. Not the guys, they would try to push me. I sprinted out of my bed but lost some time trying to turn the key in the keyhole of the door. Why did I have to lock it? When I finally got out, Mark was looking at me with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Don't call them." I breathed out.

"Too late, they're on their way." He said, grabbing my arm and leading me to the living room. He pushed me on the couch, forcing me to sit down. Had I angered him? His gaze was hard and it was like he wanted to make me spill out whatever secret I held just by staring at me.

Jaebum came in with Yugyeom and Jinyoung sooner than I thought, and I was still sitting on the couch with Mark towering over me. He wasn't going to let it go.

"What's up?" Jinyoung asked and looked at us. I wanted to disappear.

"I'm pretty sure something happened when I was gone and I would like to know what." Mark finally took his eyes off me and, without really noticing, I let out a huge breath. I turned my head and saw Yugyeom holding back his laugh, so I glared at him until he felt scared enough to stop.

"Nothing happened." Jaebum said and sat down next to me. He gave me a look, signaling me to play along. "I'm pretty sure our (Y/N) here is just... sick. That's it, she's sick." He tried to look for an excuse, which Mark didn't buy at all.

"You don't lock yourself in a room when you're just sick." He said. I really wanted to get out right now.

"I'll go get some fresh air with her." Yugyeom grabbed my arm, and forced me out of the house.

"I don't even have my shoes on!" I exclaimed and he tossed them to me as he was closing the front door. He then told me to shut up, and kept an ear on the door. I was rather confused, but decided to listen in on my friends as well.

"When did she lock herself up?" I heard Jinyoung say. I didn't even know if he knew about my feelings for Mark.

"This morning. We fell asleep together on the couch and when I woke up, she was in her room and refusing to get out or even open the door for me." Mark explained and the slight anger he had was now replaced with... worry. I had managed to worry him.

"What did you do last night?" Jaebum asked. He was going to find out that I had listened to his advice.

"We went out and walked around. It was really nice, but she started behaving strangely when we got back here, I don't understand." Mark sounded so confused. I wanted to go in and tell him why but I couldn't.

"Behaving strangely?" Jinyoung asked another question. They were firing him with questions and I wanted it to stop.

"She hugged me, but it wasn't her usual hugs. She seemed desperate about something. I tried to ask her but she insisted that it was nothing." I didn't wanna hear any of it anymore. It was too much to handle, so I dragged Yugyeom out from the hallway and to the parking lot. It was deserted and I wanted to stay there for a bit before going back up.

"So you hugged him." Yugyeom nudged me gently and I gave him a look that was telling him to stop. "I wish BamBam wasn't in Thailand so he could witness this."

"I'm guessing BamBam and Jackson are the only ones not knowing." I sighed and crossed my arms in front of my chest. Yugyeom shook his head.

"Oh no, they know, we've told them." He said and I looked at him in disbelief.

"What happened to 'Your secret is safe with us'?" I exclaimed, making him chuckle.

"There's no secret between the seven of us. Well, technically Mark doesn't know so there is a secret." He explained, gaining a sigh of relief from me. They hadn't told Mark, that was a good thing.

"Let's get back up. I promise I won't lock myself up anymore." I said and we went back to the apartment. I didn't care if they were still talking, but I realized I had forgotten my keys inside so I had no choice but to knock.

Mark opened the door and, over his shoulder, I could see Jaebum smirking. I came in, took off my shoes, and went to the kitchen to sit down.

"We'll leave you two alone!" Jaebum yelled as he started pushing Jinyoung and Yugyeom out of the apartment. Once they were gone, Mark grabbed my arm, pulling me up from my chair and he engulfed me in his arms.

"You're worrying me." He said as his chin rested on the top of my head.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled. Worrying him was really not my goal. Mark's hands slipped from my back to my face and he pulled back enough to look at me with a soft expression.

"You should have told me." He said and ran his thumbs across my cheeks. I couldn't count the number of heartbeats even if I wanted.

"What do you mean?" Was all I could manage to get out as my breath got caught in my throat. He didn't reply, he just started to lean in until his forehead was pressing on mine. I didn't know what to do with my hands so I just tangled them behind his back. I could feel his warm breath on my lips.

"You're such an idiot." He said, closing the gap between us, and when I felt his lips on mine, it was like fireworks were explosing all through my body. Whatever Jinyoung and Jaebum told him, I was happy they did.

◇◇◇◇

A/N: I feel so bad for updating so late, I'm sorry guys. My schedule is crazy as hell