Chapter 7

In the late afternoon, my room was totally empty. I looked around and sighed. Mark put his hand on my shoulder.

"What's up?" He asked.

"I'm debating wether I should wait for my father to tell him I'm moving out. Yet again, I feel like it wouldn't change much for him." I sighed again. Mark turned me around to look at him.

"He ignored you for a decade and you still care so much. You have such a golden heart." He said and gave me a smile. I let out a small chuckle.

"Yeah, I don't think so. Let's get those boxes in the car." I said and picked up one of the boxes to start making my way downstairs, Mark followed closely. I hadn't realized how big the car was until we had finished stuffing the boxes inside.

"Well, that took us longer than expected even if you really didn't have much to pack." He chuckled.

"It did, at least we're done." I smiled at him and got in the car. For some reason, I then really wanted to follow Mark, I didn't want to stay in that house any longer.

Mark drove to a modern apartment building and entered an indoor parking lot. It was great because he wouldn't get recognized by fans. We took a few boxes and went in an elevator. Everything looked very modern. Jackson was there to welcome and help us.

"I'll show you your room." Mark gently grabbed my arm and led me to a room with light blue walls and a huge bed in the corner. There was also a big dresser against one wall.

"Why do you have an empty room like that?" I asked. I really didn't understand why there would be a spare furnished yet empty bedroom in their apartment.

"I don't know, we thought it'd be a good idea to have a room if someone was to stay over."

"Makes sense." I sat down on the bed and looked around.

"Thank you, Mark." I added, my gaze shifting from the room to his figure. He smiled softly and sat down next to me.

"You don't need to thank me." He said and ruffled my hair. He then left me alone in the room.

It's funny how I used to want to keep Mark away by fear of being pitied but I then completely let my guard down. For once, Seulki had brought something positive to my life.

~

I went to the living room after I put away some of my things. Jackson and Mark were quietly playing a video game together and silence was filling the room. I sure wasn't used to that place, or the thought that I'd be living here from now on.

"Hey." I said and sat down next to them. They both smiled and greeted me but didn't take their eyes off the screen. I just watched them play for a few minutes until Mark lost.

"HA! I knew I'd beat your ass!" Jackson exclaimed, making Mark roll his eyes. He turned to me.

"Are you done putting your things away?" He asked and I gave a shrug of the shoulders.

"Almost but I'll finish later. I don't want to do that for the rest of the night." I said and let myself sink in the couch.

"Let's order some food." Jackson got up and took his phone out of his pocket.

"What do you want?" He asked.

"I don't know, it's up to you." I replied and Mark shrugged.

"Pizza it is." I didn't mind pizza, in fact it had been long since I had eaten some.

We waited a bit for delivery and then we started eating.

"Are you still seeing Seulki?" Jackson asked Mark and a piece of pizza got stuck in my throat, making me cough my lungs out. Mark tapped my back worriedly.

"Sorry." Was all I said.

"I'm not seeing her anymore. I hope she realized." Mark said with disinterest on his face. However Jackson looked between the two of us suspiciously while I quietly sipped some water.

"Does it have to do with the two of you?" He asked another question. I bit my lower lip and looked at Mark.

"It does, actually. (Y/N) is Seulki's stepsister and that girl treated her like shit." Mark said and I looked down. I really didn't want to have that conversation and, in that moment, I wanted to shrink and hide in a mouse hole. Jackson looked at me and furrowed his eyebrows. I felt his gaze burning in my skull yet I knew he meant no harm.

"If you don't want to talk about that, then we can change the subject." He said and I looked up.

"If you don't mind. I'll talk about it when I'm ready to do so." I nodded then felt a squeeze on my hand, catching my eyes back to my thighs. Mark had caught my hand and was squeezing it reassuringly. I looked at him and he gave me a nod.

"Sorry if I brought up a sensitive subject. Anyway, Yugyeom and Youngjae will be there soon." Jackson changed the subject.

"They'll be surprised to see you here, we didn't get the chance to tell them." Mark added and I chuckled, it wasn't like they had gotten the chance to see me refuse either.

A few minutes later, the two boys came in. They had their own key but I had no idea, so seeing them walk in caught me off guard.

"Hello everyone!" Youngjae exclaimed. He then saw me and smiled.

"Oh noona! Hi!" He said and then Yugyeom appeared behind him.

"Noona is there!" The youngest gave a bright smile.

"Hey guys." I stood up and greeted them. Yugyeom gave me a small hug and couldn't wipe the smile off his face. Those guys didn't even know me for long yet they made me feel so welcomed.

"Our little (Y/N) will stay here from now on." Mark said and put his hand on my head. Mark was not the tallest of the group, but he still had quite a few centimeters more than me. I looked down with a small smile.

"Really? That's great to know." Youngjae sat down on the couch. They didn't seem surprised but looked quite pleased with the news.

"I'll leave you guys alone, I'm gonna finish unpacking." I said and tried to leave but Mark grabbed my arm before I could even make one step.

"Why don't you stay with us?" He looked at me with soft eyes and I seemed to get lost in them. He truly had beautiful eyes.

"Alright."