Chapter 22

Living with Daeun was not as easy as I had intended. My interactions with Mark outside of work were limited to texts and phone calls, and that was when he wasn't busy. GOT7 was promoting, going from one variety show to another. It was nice seeing them on television though.

I was lying on the couch of Daeun's new living room when I felt my phone vibrate, indicating an incoming message.

"Get to the company asap, we need an extra camera for today's schedule." It was GOT7's manager. I was happy to see the guys today but was only starting to enjoy my free time. I stood up and stretched my limbs before grabbing my shoes and getting out the door. I grabbed a bus and ended up at the company sooner that I had anticipated, which was a good thing.

With my pass around my neck, I entered the building and wandered the familiar halls to the practice room I had grown to know well.

"You needed me?" I said as I walked into the room. The manager was there with Jinyoung and they both turned their heads to me.

"Right, we'll leave shortly for M CountDown and we really needed you. You're the only one who's not on sick leave for some reason and we have to film backstage. Can you grab those boxes and get to the vans quickly? It's full of equipment we might need." The manager said and left the room.

"I'll help you." Jinyoung picked up a box that seemed pretty damn heavy and left the smaller ones for me to carry.

"Why do we even need that much equipment?" I said and picked up the boxes. Jinyoung laughed.

"Tell me about it." We left the practice room together, Jinyoung seemed to have difficulty seeing ahead of him. I couldn't blame him, the box reached the middle of his face. We were close to the parking lot when he bumped into someone.

"Oh sorry!" He immediately exclaimed and left the man laughing softly.

"Jinyoung-ah, how can you hurt your dear company friend?" He said, he looked really nice and I swore I had seen his face before.

"Sorry Wonpil but I can't really see much for the moment." Jinyoung chuckled. The guy, whose name I had just learned was Wonpil, looked at me and bowed. I bowed my head seen as I couldn't move much with the boxes I was carrying.

"This is (Y/N), she's a member of our staff and also a close friend. Especially to Mark." I could feel Jinyoung smirk as he introduced me.

"Nice to meet you, (Y/N). I'm Wonpil, a member of DAY6." Wonpil introduced himself as well and offered to take some boxes from me to help

"That's why you looked so familiar!" I exclaimed. I knew DAY6's music very well, and they appeared in some videos with GOT7 but since they were usually live videos, I had never worked with them. And for some reason, I had never seen them at the company. I guessed we weren't meant to meet until that moment. Wonpil laughed and followed us to the vans, where we could finally give our arms a rest after having put the boxes away.

Mark was in the GOT7 van and turned his head when he noticed shuffling in the crew's van. His eyes lit up when he saw me and he left his seat to come to me. He had to keep his distance considering we were outside.

"Hey hyung!" Wonpil exclaimed once he saw the red haired boy. Mark's attention shifted from me to the DAY6 member and he smiled, greeting him warmly.

"I never got to introduce you both, I guess I don't have to do that anymore." He kept on smiling and once again, turned his gaze on me. "I didn't know you had to work today." He added.

"They needed extra people." I explained and opened the door of the van I would ride in.

"Well, have fun at M CountDown! Bye guys!" Wonpil said and left. He seemed like a good guy, I wondered if I would see him more around the company.

~

M CountDown was fun but tiring, it was very fast paced but the performance went smoothly. The guys were walking off stage all sweaty and breathing heavily. I stayed far from Mark until we were in their dressing room.

"The lightsticks gave me life." Yugyeom said and fell on a chair in front of the mirrors. I started packing some of the equipment.

"(Y/N), what did you think of the performance?" Jackson tapped my shoulder to get my attention. I looked at him than at all the members scattered around the room. My eyes stopped on Mark who was looking at me with curiosity.

"You were amazing, like always." I grinned, and my praising put smiles on their faces.

~

We got back to the company shortly after the program ended. While I was still in the van, my eyes focusing on the scenery outside, a figure standing next to the JYP Entertainment building caught my attention. It was a woman, with long brown hair, but her face was hidden by a black mask and a cap. She was looking at the vans passing by her with insistance. To be frank, I had a bad feeling about her.

After we had parked the vans, I decided to check in front of the building to see if the woman was still there, but she was gone. I passed the front doors and saw a lot of commotion in the lobby. The receptionist looked a bit shaken up and security guards were gathering around her and someone else. I recognized Wonpil in the small crowd.

"What's going on?" I walked up to him and he looked at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"A woman came running in when I was in the lobby and tried to attack me. She didn't get caught though, she managed to escape when she saw security guards." He explained. Was it the girl I had seen earlier?