Chapter 10

I breathed heavily as I stood in front of my house. Jackson was next to me and put his hand on my shoulder, signaling me everything would be alright. I turned the key in the door and stepped in, I heard people talking and closed the door slowly and quietly when Jackson came in after me, we then took off our shoes. I slowly made my way to where the source of the noise came from and grabbed Jackson's hand for reassurance. I stepped in the kitchen and saw my father, my stepmother and Seulki. They all became silent and turned to me. Almost immediately, Seulki ran to me but Jackson was quick enough to stand in front of me before she could attack me.

"You won't touch her." Jackson said with a voice I'd never heard before and I swore I could see Seulki shiver.

"What happened to your face?" My father stood up and looked at me.

"Ask your dear daughter." I said and felt a lump in my throat. He looked at Seulki with confusion.

"I didn't do anything!" Seulki yelled and started to sweat. Jackson pulled his phone out and started playing a video, showing it to my Dad, whose eyes widened. Jackson had gotten the surveillance camera footage in case we needed it for the police.

"What is this?" My father asked.

"Seulki came to our company where (Y/N) is having her internship. Mark and I are in a boyband with five other guys under that company and (Y/N) works with us. Seulki attacked her when she saw her." Jackson spoke for me and I squeezed his hand in fear. I felt like I wouldn't be believed.

"What..." My father sighed and looked at Seulki in disbelief.

"Appa..." She cried and I felt my heart break in pieces. Would he believe her? There was a possibility.

"I don't understand..." He said and the doorbell rang. I decided to go and open. Two police officers stood before me. I had seen them the day before and they recognized me but weren't surprised to see me there as I hadn't changed my address yet. They greeted me and asked if Seulki was there. I nodded and let them in. Seulki turned white as she saw the officers.

"Song Seulki?" One of the officers asked as he looked at my stepsister.

"Yes?" She hung her head low. My father looked confused.

"Officer, can I tell her why you are here?" I asked him and he nodded. I looked at her straight in the eye.

"I'm pressing charges. You cracked my cheekbone by punching me on my workplace. I reported you for assault and battery." I simply said then hid my face behind Jackson's shoulder to avoid my father's gaze. He was still holding my hand and he squeezed it gently.

"This is slander!" My stepmother screamed.

"I have further evidence, officer." Jackson said and showed the video he had taken. I should've had shown that footage the day before but I didn't know he had it back then.

"Miss Song, it would be in your favor to immediatly admit that you've hit your stepsister." The second officer said and Seulki broke down in tears.

"I hit her. But only because she stole my boyfriend!" She exclaimed and I felt my blood boil.

"He's not your boyfriend and I only work with him! And don't try to find excuses, you've always made my life hell!" I yelled with tears streaming down my face. The officers went to stand between us before anything bad could happen, though I was never gonna hit her. I knew how to behave, unlike her.

"So this is not a one time thing?" One of the officers asked me and I shook my head.

"This is the only time she hit me so hard I got a broken bone, but there was emotional abuse as well." I said and turned to Jackson for reassurance.

"Miss, would you please follow us to the police station? We would like to ask more questions about that emotional abuse." They said and I nodded. They also took Seulki for interrogation.

Jackson drove and followed the police car to the police station. Once inside, I asked Jackson if Mark was available. He called him and, to my luck, he had finished his schedule of the day earlier than expected. I asked one officer if I could wait for a friend before replying to the questions and I was given permission. Jackson was called in by the company for a sudden schedule and he had to leave, but Mark arrived quite quickly.

"(Y/N)..." He said as he saw me and pulled me in his arms. I hugged him back tightly.

"This is getting a bit out of hand." I said and looked up at him. He put his hands on my cheeks gently.

"If you get justice, then it'd be all worth it." He said and kissed my forehead. My heart skipped a beat but I ignored it. Mark was just my dear friend.

"Miss, are you ready?" An officer asked and I nodded. I entered a small room with a desk, a few chairs and file cases. A typical police station room. I sat down in front of the officer, and Mark was allowed to stay with me for support.

"Apart from the recent assault, you mentioned emotional abuse. Could you elaborate?" He asked me.

In that moment, I realized the shell I had created was slowly breaking and that my insecurities were starting to come out. For more than ten years, I was bullied, belittled and laughed at. The good that girl had brought in my life was Mark but the bad had scarred me forever. I didn't want the strength I had had for the past years to fly away as I told what kind of life I lived with Seulki but I had to do it. And I thought "mayday".

I looked at Mark, seeking his gaze to calm me down. He smiled at me softly and I breathed in, getting ready to empty my bag for the first time.

◇◇◇◇

A/N: This book reached 100 views, and I would like to thank each and everyone of you, I'm so happy! Thank you all