Chapter 6

The next morning, I got ready and left extra early to avoid my "family" again. The same woman was at the reception desk.

"Good morning." I told her as I got closer to the desk.

"Good morning (Y/N). Oh I recieved your pass, I was told to give it to you. Here." She smiled and handed me a pass I had to put around my neck. I looked at it and smiled, it felt more like a real job rather than an internship. It made me feel so happy, my cheeks could hurt from beaming so hard.

"Thank you. If anyone's looking for me, tell them I'll be editing." I said and made my way to the room I was in the previous night. I finished editing the episodes. I wanted to show the result to the guys, so I made my way to their practice room. That pass allowed me to get around the building without anyone, which made things much easier for everyone.

When I entered the practice room, the guys were practicing one of their choreographies. I slowly closed the door to avoid making any noise and sat down in the corner, waiting for them to finish. Mark was good, unknowingly, my gaze had stopped on him the whole time. They finished quickly and started talking and laughing. I guess they didn't realize I was there. I stood up and cleared my throat with a smile. They all turned around and seemed pretty happy to see me.

"Hi noona!" Yugyeom greeted me with a huge smile, which I returned.

"Hey. I have something to show you." I said while slipping my laptop out of my bag to play the episodes of GOT2day.

"You're already done with editing?" Youngjae asked as he sat down on the floor with a bottle of water in his hand. Everyone else sat down pretty close to him and made some room for me in the middle.

"Yes, I am. I hope you'll like it." I smiled and sat down myself, opening my laptop and clicking on the finished product. We watched it in silence, apart from a few laughs here and there. They seemed quite pleased with the results, as I was.

"That was really good. You're skilled." Jaebum told me and patted my shoulder.

"Thank you very much, I try my best." I gave him a big and genuine smile. The minutes that followed, Youngjae, Jinyoung, BamBam and Yugyeom left the room to practice individually, Jackson, Jaebum and Mark stayed behind.

"Jaebum, don't you have leader duties to attend with JYP?" Mark said and Jaebum's eyes widened.

"I'm gonna be late! Thanks hyung, bye!" With that, Jaebum rushed out of the room and left the three of us alone. Jackson chuckled.

"What's so funny?" Mark asked him.

"I don't know, the thought of his terrified expression under JYP's hard stare?" Another small laugh escaped Jackson's mouth.

"Alright, now that we're alone, I think it's time to talk about what I said yesterday." Mark turned to me and smiled.

"Is there much to talk about though?" I smiled a little back at him.

"What's going on here?" Jackson asked and came to sit closer to us.

"Meet our new roommate." Mark told him and pointed at me. Jackson's eyes drifted from his friend to me and he grinned. I started panicking as I had not technically agreed.

"Oh I see! When are you moving in?" He asked me and I looked between the both of them in a frantic way.

"I don't know, I didn't even agree yet!" I exclaimed but judging by their faces, everything had already been decided.

"The spare room is pretty much empty apart from typical bedroom furniture and it's rare that we leave a room empty. You can move in any time." Jackson grinned and Mark followed.

"But how can I accept such offer?" I was still dumbfounded, they wouldn't even let me protest.

"You should start packing tomorrow. The faster you move, the better." Mark looked at me but he didn't smile. I stayed silent for a moment but eventually nodded as I looked back at him with the same expression. There was no way they'd let me refuse.

~

I finished my day earlier and sighed knowing I had to get home to people I didn't like seeing. But to my surprise, the house was quiet. I walked in the kitchen and found a note on the fridge.

"Your stepmother and I are out for the weekend, we won't be back until Sunday evening. Seulki is out with a friend, she won't be back until Sunday either.
-Dad"

I smiled so hard I couldn't feel my cheeks. I even decided to text Mark.

"I'll be alone for two whole days. They're all gone for the weekend." I pressed the send button.

"Do you have a lot to pack? I have a day off tomorrow, I'll help you." He replied in less than a minute. I sighed heavily. I didn't want to move and become a burden to Mark and Jackson. It was an offer I couldn't accept, and I couldn't even tell them as they would leave me no opportunity to say no.

"There's no way I could accept, this is too much." I sent him and held my phone close to my chest as I awaited his response.

"I'm not leaving you in that house. I'll be there tomorrow morning to help you pack. Please think of yourself for once." Well, that made my situation even harder. He was not taking no for an answer and I doubted he ever would.

I spent the rest of the day watching movies and, the next day, Mark arrived early. As he'd said, he had the day off, and it happened that I did as well.

"So, what do I have to pack?" He asked.

"There's not much, to be honest." I replied and stood before him while looking down at my feet.

"I promise you won't regret leaving. I can't leave you here." He said softly, earning a breath from my slightly parted lips.

"We haven't known each other for long and you want to be my knight in shining armour." I combed my hair back with my fingers as I picked my head up and looked at him.

"I want to act like a friend should. And some people look for roommates that they don't even know at all." He grinned and I stayed silent. He would take me out of that house with or without my consent, so I could just give in and follow him.

I led him to my room. It was true that I didn't have much apart from clothes and school books. As we emptied my room and filled boxes, I found a small shoebox and stopped in my tracks.

"You okay?" Mark walked up to me and looked at me with a worried expression.

"I'm fine, this is just full of pictures I stole from my father before he tried to get rid of them." I explained as I opened the box and looked at the first picture. It was a picture of my family. My real one. Without Seulki and her mother. As I picked up another one, I felt my heart sting. It was a picture of my father and me, I was 10 and he still treated me as the most precious thing he had. Without me noticing, tears started to roll down my cheeks. Mark took the picture and the box away from me and pulled me in his arms.

"I'm sorry." I said and hugged him back.

"There's nothing to be sorry about." He said and took my face in his hands. He stroke my cheeks with his thumbs to wipe the tears.

"Let's finish packing and get you out of here." He added and I nodded. I had given in, he had won.