1

Story; An account of imaginary or real people and events told for entertainment. Imaginary. That word stung Babyboy, his eyes glaring at the word. He was flipping through the dictionary in the library, waiting for his pal, Ponyboy. Since he had nothing else to do, he decided to look up his favorite words, one of them being the word 'story'. He always loved to read the stories of how the knight saved the princess and they all lived happily ever after. He wanted to be the knight.

 Just reading the word 'imaginary' hurt his ego. He didn't want it to be imaginary. He wants it to be real. He wants to meet his princess. Save her from nearly impossible quests and live happily ever after. He was going to make it real, not something that's in someone's dream. He made a promise to himself that he would make it real. And Baby isn't one to break promises.

 " Bb?" He snaps out his thought, hearing the sweet voice of the younger behind him.

 " Oh, you done?" Bb questions, closing the dictionary quietly, standing up to meet Ponyboy's height. Well, Babyboy's eyes meeting Pony's forehead, being almost as tall as Dallas. Pony nods, walking out as the latter following as well. Once outside the library and on the sidewalk, Babyboy asks, " What'd you need to look at anyhow?"

 " I wanted to renew 'Gone with the Wind' but they wouldn't let me." Bb only chuckles, shaking his head. He sticks his hands in his pocket, grabbing his lighter. He opens and closes it before sticking it in his back pocket again. " Why do you always do that?" Ponyboy laughs.

 " If I don't do it I feel off," the latter explains, shrugging as honking is heard behind the two. Bb looks behind him, only to look forward as fast as he looked back. " Socs," he grumbles. Ponyboy gives a quiet groan of annoyance. The car drives up beside the two, about four or five Socs' hopping out the car.

 " Well, would y'all look at this; Two Greasers leaving a library. What do you think you were doing? Trying to read?" The joke makes Baby and Ponyboy cringe slightly, the group of Socs laughing at the dumb joke.

 " C'mon why don't you just leave us alone," Babyboy speaks up, being the more confident one of the two. His voice makes the leader of the group snap his neck to him. The blond leader gives an evil smirk, taking a step towards him.

 " Look who's talking." The blond pushes the latter. " You finally got some guts Baby." He pushes him once more until he's against the brick wall of one of the old buildings. " What type of name is that? Babyboy? Sounds like a name your boyfriend would give you. Sounds like you're a fag." The blond whispers the last two sentences, the smirk still across his face. Bb lets out a heavy breath, anger coursing through his body.

 " I'm not gay," Babyboy announces once more. It's a constant insult because of the name he was given. It's not something he's proud of, but he learns to deal with it. " Look, we don't want any trouble. Just let us pass," he tries to reason.

 " I don't think so. Me and my boys need some help. Since you're a faggot-" he cuts himself off, his hand going down to the latter's crotch. He squeezes it in his hand. Babyboy's eyes widen before his fists met the leader's jaw. The blond gets knocked down, shocking the two, the group and Ponyboy. Bb isn't one to fight unless needed, so it's always a surprise when it happens.

 " Run!" Pony and Babyboy run as fast as the words left the elder's mouth. They both hear the group yelling, but it only makes them move faster. At this moment Baby feels like he needs a knight right now, and he's the damsel in distress. He doesn't like feeling like this, but at this moment all he feels is his feet slamming against the floor while adrenaline rushes itself into his veins.

 Looking at his surroundings, he knows if he takes a shortcut they'll make it home faster. He yanks Ponyboy by his hoodie, forcing him to stop. " What?" Pony exclaims. Bb points at the alleyway, the younger putting two-and-two together. They glance behind them, finding the car filled with now angry Socs' driving to them. The two sprint into the alleyway. Babyboy pushes some crates to the fence, allowing Ponyboy to hop over. The latter follows behind him before they both sprint the last couple of blocks.

They make it to the park, only for the car to park in front of them. Pony moves around it. Baby jumps on the hood before landing on the other side. The latter follows Ponyboy, who jumps up the steps to his porch before opening and closing the door. The elder lets out a heavy sigh of relief, allowing his body to drop onto the lumpy couch.

 " Ow!"