4

" Y-You okay?" Johnny asks, looking over to see Baby's eyes closed. His jacket is laid across his lap, showing his ripped, sleeveless top. His head is leaned against the chain holding up the swing. He tiredly opens his eyes.

 " It feels good having the sun on me," Baby smiles, looking around the small park. He gives a silent sigh, pulling out a cigarette from his back pocket and his lighter from the other. He lights the stick, taking a puff before handing it to Johnny. He takes the offer, placing it in his lips before taking a puff. Johnny thinks a moment, noticing they gave each other an indirect kiss. He shakes the thought from his head, fighting the blush from his cheeks. He looks over at Babyboy, seeing him burning a dandelion with his lighter.

 " What are you doing?" Johnny gives a quiet laugh, having a soft smile on his lips.

 " Burning my dreams," Babyboy chuckles, burning another one. After a few more, he asked Johnny what was on his mind. " Do you have any dreams, Johnny?"

 " What do you mean?"

 " You know, dreams you wish would come true," Bb explains.

 " I wish my family cared about me," Johnny mumbles.

 " Don't say that. This gang is your family." Babyboy's expression and voice become serious, staring the boy beside him. " We care about you. All of us. Just because your parents don't care about you doesn't mean we don't."

 " Sorry," John apologizes, handing Bb the cigarette back. Babyboy lets out a heavy breath, placing his free hand on Johnny's shoulder, the other holding the cigarette.

 " I want a coke," Bb announces, changing the topic and stomping out the cigarette. He throws his jacket on, fixing it where it needs to be fixed. Johnny follows in suit, nodding in agreement before the two begin walking. Some point on the way to one of the diners Bb flicks his lighter again before closing it again. Johnny only shakes his head, looking down to see the blood on Baby's hand and ring now dry.

 " What happened to your hand?" Baby looks down at his hand, now acknowledging the wound he sustained.

 " Pony and me got into some trouble with a few Socs before getting home. No big deal," he shrugs, picking away the dry blood off his favorite ring. " I still remember you getting me this ring," Babyboy chuckles, " You gave it to me for my birthday last year."

 " I care about you. I just wa-wanted to show-show it," Johnny acts as if it wasn't a big deal. Babyboy would've believed it too. If only he hadn't stuttered.

 " I never knew you cared so much Johnnycake," Bb jokes, throwing his arm over his shoulder. " I'll pay for today's meal." Johnny would disagree, only to remember he left his wallet in his house, with his mom and dad as the guard dogs. The idea makes him question how Baby's house is at the moment.

 " How's it been at your house?" Johnny questions. Babyboy always switched the topic when he asked, so he hoped he would get an answer this time.

 " C'mon, we're here!" Babyboy was lucky, getting to the diner he wanted to eat at. He didn't want to explain what was going on at home. No one needed to know. All they needed to know was that he was okay. And all Johnny needed to know was that Babyboy would be with him no matter what.