|1|

Two weeks had passed. The two were seen by the judge before being called not guilty, yet no one really cared for it. They were too distracted by Two-Bit. Two has been seen a bit around town, but he doesn't talk to anyone anymore. Though it hurt the group, they're okay. Besides Baby's birthday is coming up in two days. Though Baby doesn't want anything for his birthday, when does the gang ever listen?

 Baby writes notes down in his notebook, school sadly still a requirement. His scar is barely visible, his hair growing quickly to cover it up. He stole money from his mother's wallet to get his dyed hair back to its original color. Everything was almost back to normal. Baby still got teased for his name, but now he's also teased for his stuttering and mispronunciation. This and the work he's been catching up has made the soon-to-be sixteen-year-old very stressed. And the bags beginning to show prove that theory.

 The ringing of bells forces the young boy out of his head. He grabs his notebook and textbook slowly, waiting for everyone to leave the classroom before he follows.

 His steps are slow, the medicine the doctor prescribed him making Babyboy feel a bit loopy, losing his footing before continuing down the hall. Making it to the exit, he pushes the door open, finding Pony and Johnny waiting for him. " Took you long enough, Bb," Pony jokes, giving him a small wave.

 " S-Shut ap, up." Baby rolls his eyes, giving a small smile. The three start walking, Pony ranting about his English teacher the entire time. Johnny and Baby stay close to each other, but they don't hold hands, hug, kiss or anything. Both they know if they did trouble would arouse itself in their small town again, and no one needs that.

 " Neither of you are listening, huh?"

 " I am. So is Baby, right?" Johnny asks the boy in between him and Pony. He doesn't answer though, not indicating any signs he heard the two. His eyes stare at the bleak gray ground they walk on. His mind is racing with all the work he will need to catch up on. And how he's the reason Two-Bit left the gang. And how- " Baby?" His head snaps up, looking to his side, finding Johnny's chocolate eyes already staring at him.

 " Yeah?"

 " You look real stressed, Babyboy," Johnny points out. He doesn't like how the darkness under his eyes contrasts with Bb's skin tone.

 " Um, I'm o-okay," he says, giving both boys a smile before looking at the ground once more. Johnny and Pony look at each other. They can tell Baby isn't okay. He still doesn't like his speech impediment. It keeps moving in his brain constantly. And it's eating away at him.