|5|

After dinner Johnny and Babyboy walk to the lot, Baby starting a fire and forcing Johnny to relax on the car seat left there a long time ago before he lays down beside Johnny. Both were smiling, for similar yet different reasons. Johnny smiled because he was with Babyboy and because he ate most of his food. Not all but it was a start, moreover. Baby smiled because he was beside Johnny and he will soon be his birthday in about an hour.

Both shiver a bit before the cold disappear as Babyboy holds Johnny in his arms. However the relaxation both boys feels disappears as soon as it came. The sound of a man's grunting makes the two look up from their position, seeing someone fall onto their chest in the darkness.

" Wh-Who is i-it?" Baby questions, getting up into a fighting stance, having one hand behind his back to grab his pocket knife. He never carried one around until after the incident. It's not even his. Two-Bit left it at the Curtis house when he left the gang. Babyboy just took it so he wouldn't have to waste his money buying another. " Who i-is it?" he speaks louder, adrenaline starting to flow in his veins. They don't answer, the only sound leaving them was heavy breaths before they become quiet. A snore makes both boys jump, the younger rolling his eyes. Neither can see the person that well, the moon being hidden by clouds and such, but they were not going to leave the person out here.

The two pick up the unconscious body, an arm around their shoulders before they walk back to the Curtis house, the man's feet dragging across the grass.

Though the walk took longer, they made it, finding Soda sitting outside on the porch. Without a word, he takes Baby's place, seeing that he was starting to become exhausted. The younger gets the door open, allowing the two to bring the man in. Babyboy looks up at the stars for a moment, not really having the time to look at them for these past few weeks now.

" Bb, did you see who you brought in here?" Soda hollers. He raises an eyebrow at himself before walking inside, standing next to a confused Sodapop and a slightly pale Johnny. Looking down at the couch, Baby's tongue pokes at his, taking in a deep breath before rolling his eyes, walking into the kitchen. Soda looks at him in confusion before following him following him into the bathroom as he takes a piece of cake from the fridge, placing it on a plate he took out. " What's wrong?" Soda questions.

Baby only shakes his head, ignoring his question as he takes a bite out of the chocolate cake. His brain abruptly starts to pound against his skull, forcing a slight moan from his lips as he holds his head. He shakes it off like the question, however, taking another bite from the cake.

" Baby he's-"

" He's a dick who wants me dead," Baby cuts him off, wiping away the excess icing from his lips.

" No he doesn't." The younger only rolls his eyes at Soda, eating the rest of the cake before placing the plate in the sink before walking over to the living room. He politely moves Johnny out of the way, who seems to be in a trance of fear before Babyboy rudely kicks the person to wake them.

" Get the fuck up Two-Bit."