3

The bright, fiery eyes have placed themselves on Johnny for at least twenty minutes now. Babyboy, though is younger than  Johnny, is the protective one. He wants to keep Johnny safe. He wants to see his smile. His laugh. Just seeing him happy. Baby purses his lips, forcing the feeling down his throat and into his abdomen, hoping it'll be burned from the acid in his stomach. He moves his eyes away from Johnny, looking at the black and white television with Mickey Mouse on it. Only a few seconds after doing so, Johnny looks over at Babyboy.

" What are you going to do for your birthday?" Johnny questions. Babyboy looks at him, pursing his lips once more while thinking. He's turning sixteen in about a month or so. Johnny stares without thinking, Baby's lips fully set like his own. " Probably just try to relax at home if my ma isn't home." Johnny hums, not really listening. He comes out of his daze once the latter snaps his fingers in his face. " You okay?" Johnny blushes in embarrassment, giving a small sorry before Pony comes into the room, both heads turning to see the youngest of the three.

" Bb, you think you could help me with my work?" he asks, motioning to the notebook and pencil in his hands.

" Hand me a stick and we got a deal," Babyboy smirked, grabbing the notebook and pencil. Pony hands him a cigarette, sticking it between Babyboy's lips for him. He hums in thanks, the only other sound being the television. He flicks his lighter open, lighting the cancer stick before placing the lighter on the counter. He blows a cloud of smoke at Johnny, smirking in a joking manner. Placing the stick back between his lips, he fixes the few math problems Pony got incorrect.

Babyboy's eyebrows scrunch as he focuses on the paper in front of him. He only stopped once to flick ash onto the table. After only a few minutes of quiet talking between Pony and Johnny Baby places the notebook on top of the ashes on the table. Letting out a ring of smoke he says, " All done," with a smile on his lips. " Where you wanna go? We still have a lot of sunlight left," he explains, ending the stick by placing it in the ashtray on the table.

" I gotta meet Sodapop at the gas station," Ponyboy says, pulling his hoodie up more.

" You sure you'll be okay?" Babyboy questions, his voice laced with concern.

" Don't worry about me Bb. See ya," he waves at the two, walking out. The only sound was Mickey Mouse for a few minutes, the two not knowing what to do.

" Want to go to the park?" Baby questions. Johnny only nods, following the young one out the door.

They both sit on the swings once they get there. The background sound is only the water fountain. The silence between them isn't bad. It's seemingly calm. Babyboy lets out a relaxing sigh, in love with the feeling of the noon sun hitting his body. Without his knowing, his free hand skims over Johnny's. He flinches, yet the younger is too tired to notice. Johnny blushes again today. His stomach feels like it's twisted in a dozen knots. He feels like throwing up but it doesn't feel bad at all. It feels good. He doesn't understand it, and he really doesn't want to learn something again.

" Y-You okay?"