8

" Baby!" The voice makes the latter spin around on his heels. The boy he always wanted to see was now the opposite. He didn't want to see Johnny one bit, and he didn't know why. After seeing him and that girl kiss, he didn't want to see anyone. " Where are you going Babyboy?"

 " I didn't want to disturb you two. You seemed to be in the little of a makeout session. Congratulations!" Babyboy gives a fake smile with a fake chuckle. He hopes that the anger and sadness are hidden behind nonexistent happiness. " You should go back."

 " No. We were supposed to be hanging out though. Besides, I don't want to hang out with that girl. All she wants to do is get in my pants." The confidence and sarcasm leaving Johnny's mouth shocked Babyboy. He hid it quickly though with a scoff leaving his lips.

 " Whatever you say Johnnycake." He gives another chuckle, turning to walk away. This fuels something in Johnny's stomach. It created a burning sensation in his eyes and his throat. Baby seems to have created a volcanic eruption.

 " I don't want to date her!" The six words echo, the two being the only ones around. Babyboy gives a sigh after a moment of silence, leaning against the chain link fence to his left.

 " Why not?" Babyboy breaks the silence, looking over his shoulder to find a teary-eyed Johnny.

 " I-I just do-don't," he mumbles, going back to his usual characteristics. He kicks one of many rocks on the ground, not wanting to look at Babyboy. Baby sighs, dropping his head and running his fingers through his greasy hair.

 " Don't do that." Johnny looks up in confusion, his tears beginning to leave him. " You have a reason. So I recommend you tell me, Johnny Cade." Babyboy takes a step towards Johnny with each word leaving his mouth until they're chest-to-chest. Johnny swallows the lump in his throat, mumbling something incoherent. " What?"

 " I-I-I don't like girls." Somehow those stuttered words allowed Babyboy to ease a bit in the tension in his body. " I think I like boys."