22

Dallas rolls around in his bed. Darry told him before he left that Johnny is alright and they took him home. Buck came around once he heard the news. He gave Dallas some of his clothes and took his car back as well. Yet Dally is still tossing around in the uncomfortable bed, wanting to know how bad Babyboy is right now. He saw what happened to him. It made him scared more than he has ever been in his life.

 Dallas placed Johnny into the car, the smaller boy unconscious. He hears Baby's scream erupt through the church. He sees the last child run away from the church. He goes to the window where the child came from, seeing Baby's head before the roof falls in. Burning pieces hit his skin, but one swung, hitting Bb and knocking him down as other pieces fall on top of him.

 " Baby!" His name leaves his lips without his knowing. Dallas runs towards him, hopping through the broken window. Fire hits his lower arm, but adrenaline coursing through him doesn't allow it to be felt. He pushes and throws pieces, looking for Baby. He feels the soft skin of Baby's hand before throwing one last piece away. Taking one quick look, it seems like his hand is the only thing that isn't burnt, his head bleeding profusely. The elder hops over the window frame, almost dropping Babyboy. He places him in the back of the car, right beside the still unconscious Johnny. Soon it all becomes quiet for Dallas, only one sound ringing his ears: Sirens.

 Shaking his head, he forces the memory to leave his head. The only reason he was forced to stay two nights was to make sure his arm didn't get infected, the burn almost third degree. He sighs, throwing on the jeans and button up Buck brought, yet doesn't bother buttoning it up. His bare feet hit the cold tiled floor. Moving towards the door, Dallas opens it slowly, stopping once it creaks. He walks into the quiet hallway, looking left and right before going left. He passes each room, trying to find the person he was looking for.

 He walks pass another room, only to force his eyes to look once more. He takes a few steps back, walking into the room. He swallows thickly, not finding the same person he knew before. Baby was laying with his back against the bed, a tube going through his mouth and into his lungs, forcing his lungs to breath for him. The side of his head was shaved, a piece of gauge against it. His leg was also wrapped tightly like Dally's arm. Needles were in his arm, pushing medicine into Baby's system as the heart monitor continues beeping. Dallas sits in the chair beside Baby's bed, grasping his hand. It still felt soft.

 " Hey Bb," Dally whisper, taking a closer look at his body. His chest is wrapped, but you can still see a burn scar beginning to form at the edges of the wrap. The skin on his neck is peeling off like a snake. It's charred, the new form of skin a light pink, but feels a bit rough compared to how Baby's skin was before. " Johnny's okay. He only had a few burns but he's alive. I got stuck here because of a small burn on my arm. And the nurse was annoying as shit," he chuckles to himself. He's soon quiet, upset he can't get a response. Finally, he says the thing that's been eating at his brain.

" I saw you and Johnny laying with each other through the cracks of woods," he whispers, his grip tightening on Baby's hand. " I'm not the biggest fans of fa-gays. But if you two are happy, then I'm happy. I just don't know how Two-Bit will react," Dallas gives a small laugh at the last sentence before letting his head fall against the mattress, his grip loosening on the almost lifeless body.

 " You better wake up. We all need you. But without you, I know Johnny will lose his mind."