6

Going over to the DX they see Ponyboy sat the cash register, Sodapop and Steve fixing cars. " What's wrong with the car?" Babyboy asks Steve, Johnny standing close to the young one as well.

" I've done everything but it won't start. Not like you could fix it anyhow Bb," Steve scoffs. Sodapop closes the hood of the car he's fixing, walking over and throwing an arm over his shoulder.

" C'mon, give the kid a chance," Soda pats his chest.

" I'm just going to ask one question, it's probably dumb. Um-alright. Is there any fuel in the tank?" Baby raises an eyebrow at Steve.

" Yes!" Baby glares at his ignorance. " No..." Soda gives a laugh. You can hear Pony sniggering inside the gas station as well since the door is open.

" How's Sandy, Sodapop?" Baby asks.

" We're great. I promise when I get that ring I'm gonna marry her," the latter boasts, creating a small smile on Bb's face. Johnny smiles at Baby's cuteness, though denying it in his head. He walks inside, going to talk to Ponyboy. " You haven't found a girl yet Baby?"

" Nope," He pops the 'p', hopping onto the car Soda's fixing, " Why would I need one? You're the ladies man around here anyhow." Those words get him a smack upside the head from Steve. " Ow!"

" Don't lie to us. We've seen you talking to girls around here. You could get any girl around here if you just say yes to them," Steve scoffs.

" I could. But I don't want to. I don't like any of them."

" Don't worry. You'll find someone Babyboy," Soda pats his back. Babyboy jumps off the hood, landing on his feet.

" You think I can borrow Ponyboy? I want to bring him to the movies tonight. You think you two can come as well?" Baby questions, pointing at the two.

" Yeah you can take Pony and we'll try. See you later Bb," Soda waves. Babyboy gives a small wave back before turning around, walking towards the store. Taking a step inside he hears a girly giggle. Looking around, he sees a nervous and confused Johnny being cornered by a girl. Baby looks over at Ponyboy. He only shrugs, signaling he doesn't know what to do. Babyboy rolls his eyes before walking over to her and Johnny.

" Oh, hello there baby girl," Babyboy says, grabbing her arm and twisting her so she faces him. " How about instead of messing with Johnny over here, you mess with a real man at Buck's party tonight." Baby cringes at the words coming out his mouth, but she gives him a kiss on a cheek before walking off, probably to get ready for their 'get-together'. Once the door shuts, her heels not able to be heard anymore, Babyboy's entire body shakes a moment, letting out a disgusted sigh from his lips and wiping the saliva off his cheek. " Pony, we're leaving to go to the theatre." Pony nods, going to grab his hoodie from the break room.

" Are you actually going to meet her tonight?" Johnny's question makes Babyboy turn around, looking at his big eyes. Baby can see a layer of sadness cross his eyes.

" Nah. It was just to get her away from you Johnnyboy," He explains, slapping Johnny's shoulder and giving a soft smile. Pony walks back out, Babyboy waving at the two to follow. They both do in sync. Walking out, Baby gives a smile at Steve and Sodapop before continuing to walk down the sidewalk. Not many words were spoken between them, all three loving the comfortable silence between them. It's something all three of them love: Peaceful silence.