25

" Hey, Dallas," Pony greets him. He looks over at the younger, Two-Bit and Johnny behind him. The three boys looked shocked at the state of Babyboy. Dallas was used to the state he was in, waving his hand to bring the boys in. They walk in slowly, Pony's lip quivering as Two tries to keep a blank expression. When Dallas looked at Johnny, he almost broke down himself. Tears were forming in his eyes, his lip quivering but stopped it by placing his bottom lip in his teeth. His hands were shaking so badly he had to place them in his pockets.

 " What's hooked up to his mouth?" Johnny asks, his voice wavering a bit.

 " A ventilator, the nurse said. It's making Baby be in a coma to help fix his brain or something. They'll take him off sometime tomorrow probably." Those words make Johnny relax some instantly, Dally taking notice. He really does understand that they care for each other. " Johnny, Pony, let's leave Two to talk to his brother. I need something to eat anyhow," Dallas says, bringing the two boys out of the room.

 After asking a random staff member, they find the cafeteria easily. They get grab some food before eating their meal. Pony only finishes half of it before saying he had to go to the bathroom. Dallas was trying to think of how to explain how he knew about the two. Johnny thought if Dallas should know. In the end, Dally spoke first.

 " I know about you and Bb." Johnny stops playing with the small pieces of food, looking up at the elder.

 " What do you mean?" Johnny asks, trying to play cool.

 " I saw you two laying down together in the church, Johnnyboy. Just say it."Dallas lets his back hit the chair, Johnny still tense. He bites his lip, his finger frantically tapping the table before finally admitting defeat.

 " Okay yes it's true. Please don't tell anyone I'm begging you Dal, please." Dallas can barely understand the words but gives a laugh anyhow.

 " Calm down, Johnnycake. No one's going to know. Though I think you should tell Ponyboy."

 " Tell me what?" Speaking of the devil himself, he walks back, sitting down beside Johnny again, who lets out a heavy breath.

 " M-Me an-and Baby are-"

 " I'm not surprised," Pony cuts him off, taking a sip of his water. " You both kept staring at each other with hearts in your eyes," he laughs, as does Dally, the latter covering his red face with his hands.

 " S-So you're okay with it?"

 " Johnny, I've known you since we were kids. This little thing isn't going to stop our friendship." Though cringy, Pony's words make Johnny smile, both boys just happy that Johnny has someone that makes him grin.