|7|

One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. Seven. Babyboy was seven when he finally understood how the world worked, and it's the number of days he has been gone. Johnny has only gotten a few hours of sleep in those days. He's more jumpy and agitated, always walking around the town to see if he'll find his loved one.

 Today Johnny takes a different route home, wanting to take longer to get to the gate of his personal hell. His steps become slower as he walks past the fountain, the one that got him into this mess. His feet move without his permission towards it before he sits on the edge of the fountain. Johnny's eyes squint at the concrete, images of that horrid night flashing in his mind before his sight goes back to normal. The person who cleaned the murder scene did a terrible job, as you are still able to see a tinge of a light pink dying the concrete, a reminder of a story that's been told one too many times, each with a different name.

 A deep breath leaves the loner as he looks up, finding the sun beginning to set. Johnny lets a small smile appear on his face. He always loved the sunset. The clouds and colors were beautiful, however, something in the grass hit the sunlight, making it hit Johnny's pupil. He squints before taking a closer look, seeing it's close to the swing set.

 He stands up, taking quick strides towards it before he's towering the thing that blinded him. He picks it up, noticing soon it's a ring. His cheeks become pale as blood is covering it; so much that a drop of the crimson fell from his hand into the grass. He swallows the thick saliva in his throat before looking around, finding a crimson knife. Picking it up, he feels more blood cover him, now both hands looking like the night of the scene. Tears begin to topple over the barrier, sliding down his smooth tan skin before falling off the tip of his chin, soaking into the jacket he took from his lover's house.

 He places the pocket knife and the ring in his front and back pocket before sprinting away from the scene. Not towards his home, no, but towards his Babyboy, now fearing even more for his life. Johnny isn't gullible, knowing the blood on Babyboy's ring he got him and the pocket knife he stole from Two-Bit is his own.