|3|

The sky goes from its light baby blue to a deep indigo as the gang leaves the Curtis household one by one. The only ones left without the last name 'Curtis' is Babyboy and Johnny. Both had fallen asleep on the couch late afternoon. Now it's around the time Darry should get home unless he took an extra shift, which he did of course. Soon though he's home, finding the couple on the couch and Ponyboy and Sodapop playing cards at the dinner table.

 " How long have they been like that?" Darry questions, walking into the kitchen to start cooking dinner.

 " A while. Since like four," Soda chuckles before groaning, seeing Pony just won the game. " Rematch," the elder growls, pointing at the boy across the table. The younger on grins, his chest and shoulders moving as he laughs silently. Darry laughs too, continuing to cook as the one of the two on the couch begins to wake up.

 " What time is it?" Johnny groans, trying to get up. His goal is unsuccessful, however, now noticing the Babyboy lay soundlessly on his torso, his body in between Johnny's legs. He smiles softly, his fingers moving through the sleeping one's hair without a thought. Baby's nose twitches at the feeling, but stays asleep. The elder slowly contorts his way around Babyboy's sleeping body before falling off the couch as Bb now takes up the whole couch now. He gives a slight noise of pain, his butt feeling bruised.

 A slight laugh makes him look at the dining table, seeing Soda and Pony trying to cover their laughter. After a moment they give, letting all their laughs escape them as Johnny mumbles colorful words at the two. A small moan leaves his boyfriend before he awakens, his eyes slowly open to see the scene around him: Happiness. That's what it is. He smiles softly before Johnny's eyes meet Babyboy's. The younger smiles even more once he looks at his boyfriend.

 " Dinner's ready!" Darry hollers. Johnny looks behind him before looking back at Baby. He gets up from his sitting position, now standing over the still sleepy Bb.

 " Let's eat,"  Johnny smiles. Baby only nods, allowing Johnny to help pull him up before they both walk to where the three were. At this moment it feels like everything's okay.