31

The concerned group follows Dallas and Ponyboy to Baby's house. It has a rustic look. That's about the only thing they can say about the house with sounding insulting. The screen and front door are open, swinging back and forth with the wind. Darry takes a step inside first, his face twisting in disgust. Bottles and cigarettes were still on the floor. The only difference was there was an imprint of where Babyboy's mother was unconscious after drinking on the couch. The gang follows the eldest, hearing laughter as they go to the end of the hallway. Slowly opening the door, it creaks but the two behind said door are too distracted to notice.

 Baby is straddling Johnny's thighs, his fingers moving constantly around the elder's waist and abdomen, both shirtless. Johnny tries to squirm from his hands, laughter escaping his mouth as tears of joy leave his eyes. " S-Say it!" Baby hollers over Johnny's laughter, a grin on his face.

 " O-Okay! Okay!" Bb stops, but keeping a soft grip right below his ribs. " You're the best," he pants, feeling relieved that he's able to breathe.

 " Dan-Don't, um," Babyboy bites his lip once more," don-don't fa-forgat. Forget." He gives a small smile, as does the one below him, who's now leaning up on his elbows. The younger gives a laugh before placing his lips on top Johnny, the bottom humming at the feeling.

 Across the room, the gang is looking over at the two with their jaws hanging. Pony snaps his mouth shut after a moment, a slight grin covering his face. Dal gives a loppy smirk, knowing he'll tease the two about it later in the day. Thank God Two isn't here to ruin it. 

 " Huh," leaves Soda's mouth as he eyed the two. Both boys eyes snap over at the group of boys in the hallway, both going pale in fear but also turning red in embarrassment.

 " H-H-Hay. H-Hey," Baby mumbles, moving himself off Johnny's thighs, clearing his throat. The two look at anything but the group, the redness in their cheeks becoming more noticeable as time passes.

 " Dal, you said Baby got a few problems after getting hit in the head. I didn't think you meant it'd make him a fairy!" Steve waves, getting smacked in the head by the latter. Bb stands up, the elder following. Babyboy gives a small wave with a nervous smile.

 " How long has this been happening?" Soda asks. The tone he has isn't disgust, he actually seems curious. Johnny rubs the back of his neck, stuttering an answer.

 " A-At the church." All the guys give each other a few glances before shrugging, Darry speaking.

 " Alright." Johnny and Baby look at each other in confusion as Darry speaks again. " Alright. If this is you are, it's who you are." Both boys give small smiles. Johnny throws on one of Babyboy's shirts as the latter hugs the gang, all of them moving inside the small room.

 " You don't look too bad," Soda grins, his lip split open from the brawl last night. Baby opens his mouth before closing it, biting his lip in frustration. Johnny understands quickly, moving beside him to explain.

 " He has speaking problems," Johnny puts it bluntly. Soda looks in confusion, one of the guys giving a hum in confusion. " He has trouble finding words and he stutters a lot," he explains, the latter moving to wear a ripped shirt that Johnny handed him.

 " Let's hear it," Steve says, taking a step towards Baby.

 " F-F-Fuck a-off, um, Steve," he mutters under his breath. Steve only laughs, however.

 " Looks like Babyboy is a little baby now," he teased, ruffling his hair. He received a smack across the face in response. The two younger Curtis boys laugh, Darry giving a small grin. Steve mumbles curse words under his breath, taking a step away from Baby.

 " Th-That i-i-ias whit I-I thought."