|10|

Johnny watched the black and white Mickey Mouse on the television, trying to enjoy himself, forcing his thoughts away. He glimpses at the Christmas tree Darry had gotten, wondering what to get Baby.

However, the cheery, bright Babyboy stayed silent, twisting the skin in his finger, his ring missing. The police took it as evidence, as well as integrated them for one too many hours.

" Baby," Johnny whispers, pulling him close. He didn't really need to though, as Steve, Sodapop, and Darry left for work, as the two were picked in the early hours of the day. Dallas went to go get some medicine, leaving Ponyboy, who fell asleep in the chair beside the two, as he stayed up constantly, waiting for the two. Today he was able to sleep with ease. " What's wrong?"

The question makes the latter furrow his brows, messing with the skin of his finger even more. " W-We n-narly dad-died y-yet ya-you, um," his lips gets placed in between his teeth, frustration appearing on his face, " a-act lif-like it o-oh-okay." He lets out a heavy breath, rubbing his temple in pain. It's apparent how he has backstepped in his speaking.

Johnny kneels down, barely missing the coffee table. He places his now calloused hands onto Baby's face. He jolts faintly, making the boy frown. " Yes, we nearly died. We were beaten. We went through hell because we love each other. Do you still love me?" Baby doesn't even ponder, nodding his head immediately. Johnny frown quickly changes to a small smile. " Then everything is okay as long as you love me."

" Ch-Ch-Cheesy," Baby giggles quietly. Johnny chuckles, moving the latter's soft hair from his eyes. It's been so long since the two have had grease in their hair.

" I'm cheesy, yes, but you still love me," he beams, a huge grin on his lips. Both boys have bruised ribs, bruises across their body, and Baby has a black eye. Despite this, they're okay. " And remember, Christmas is tomorrow." Baby gleams, turning his head to look outside. He finally notices the thin, white blanket covering everything in town. He turns back to Johnny, happiness radiating off his body.

" I'm-- um, hap-happy," he whispers leaning in close to the latter.

" Good." Their lips touch softly, both not wanting to hurt the other. A smile forms on Baby, who helps Johnny get up on his lap. He grabs onto his boyfriend's hips, gripping them lightly. Their lips gradually move faster with gluttony. Johnny's hand pulls lightly at the latter's hair, the other wrapped around his neck. Babyboy's grip tightens, a hand moving up and down Johnnyboy's back.

" Can you do that someplace else?!" The two pull away, however, Johnny doesn't move from Baby's lap. Both boys look over, finding a red-faced Ponyboy covering his eyes. Baby is the first to end the silence, a snort leaving him before busting out in laughter. Johnny soon follows, fits of laughter taking over his body. He falls from Baby's lap, landing on the couch, rolling around with as laughter leaves him.

" This ain't funny!" Pony pouts.

" I-It is too!" Johnny gasps, continuing to laugh. His and Baby's face turn a light shade of red.

Dallas soon walks in, holding a bag of medication from the pharmacy. He raises a brow though, looking at the scene in front of him. Nonetheless, he shrugs it off, happy the two boys are back to normal.