18

The church is quiet, only the creak of wood and the soft snores of Johnny being heard. Both boys lay on the floor, Johnny sleeping with half of his body on top of Babyboy's. The sun and baby blue sky peek through the broken ceiling. Another sound is heard, yet both boys stay asleep. It's the sound of a car parking. Dallas' car. He gets out, breaking the door to the entrance open, waking up Johnny. He gets up quickly, moving closer to the bench to pretend he fell asleep there instead of in Baby's arms.

" Hey buddy!" Dallas exclaims, pulling Johnny up and messing with his hair. He then crouches, flicking Baby in the face to wake him up. " Rise n' shine, Bb."

" Hey, Dallas," Baby greets him, slowly getting up. " How's the Curtis house?"

" Is Pony mad at us?" Johnny questions.

" Are the fuzz after us? How's Two-Bit?"

" What about Soda? How is he?"

" Woah, woah! One thing at a time," he shushes the two before changing the topic. " I'm starving man. You guys hungry?"

" You're starving?"

" Try eating balony for four days," Baby adds on, a cough ending his sentence.

" Bb, you got a letter." Dallas throws him the envelope, Baby barely catching it.

" From who?"

" Elvis." Baby drops his arms, giving Dallas an annoyed look. Johnny hides a chuckle, covering a smile behind his hand. " It's from your brother, Two-Bit." He opens the letter, finding words scrambled on it like chicken scratches but deciphers it easily as Johnny and Dallas talk.

I guess you got into some trouble, huh? Just like your older brother. I don't rember much about the night at the movies. If I said anithing bad I apoligize. You know I didn't mean it. Dallas got hauled into the station, and scared us something awful. And I wish you'd come back. We miss you. Say hi to Johnny for me.

- Your brother

Baby gives a chuckle, seeing Two-Bit spelled three words wrong. He looks up from the letter, tuning into the two's conversation. " The fuzz think you're in Texas now," Dallas smirks. He turns his head, looking over at Babyboy. " I can't deal with that hair, man. It's lighter," he chuckles, not finding any other words for Baby's hair.

" I know I look bad. I'm a lighthead now. You don't have to rub it in Dallas," Baby grumbles, fixing his hair and folding the letter and grabbing his lighter, opening and closing it. Lighthead. He never liked it the word. It was used to call someone out who bleached their hair. Though they mostly call out Socs, a few Greasers are called out too. " Can we eat?"