16

" Look, I'm sorry I had to cut your hair, Baby," Johnny apologizes, holding Babyboy while sitting down.

 " It's not that Johnny. It's just-yesterday we were at the movies and now we're on the run," Baby mumbles, grabbing his hair in distress. His eyes tear up, yet nothing pours.

 " Don't think like that," Johnny whispers, pulling the young one closer.

 " Yesterday we were eating fries. Yesterday we were at the movies. Just last night-"

 " Will you stop it man?" Johnny hollers, standing up on his feet.

 " No! I can't! Because I keep thinking that if I hadn't punched him in the face that same morning he would've left us alone!"

 " And I killed him! How would you like to have that on your shoulders? He was probably seventeen, eighteen at most and I killed him!"

 " And if you didn't kill him he would've killed me then you!" Baby screams, walking away. Johnny grabs him, trying to pull him back. " Let go of me!" He yanks his arm away. For the first time since he has known Babyboy, Johnny sees tears pouring down his face. " I-I don't want you to die, Johnny. If I just hadn't punched him and let him do what he wanted to me, we wouldn't be here. You-You wouldn't have had to kill s-someone, and we wouldn't have almost d-died." Baby lets out a sob, sitting down on one of the benches. Johnny follows in suit, sitting beside him. Baby lays down, his legs falling off the bench as his head lays on Johnny's lap. " I'll stop crying in a minute. I'm sorry Johnny."

 " Don't be sorry," Johnny whispers, combing his hand through his hair as Baby wipes his eyes of tears. " You didn't do anything wrong."

 " Yeah I did. I was born." Those words make Johnny pull his hair a bit, forcing a hiss out of Baby.

 " Don't say that. You've done nothing wrong. You being born was the best thing to happen. Because I was able to meet you," Johnny smiles down at Babyboy. Baby doesn't answer however, only staring at Johnny's lips. He slowly licks his lips before two words leave his mouth, wanting to try something he had wanted to do for a while.

 " Fuck it," he mumbles, smacking his lips against Johnny's. Johnnyboy gives a gasp of shock, freezing on the spot. The feeling he gets is not one he's ever gotten from any of he girls whom he's kissed. He actually likes it. Soon Johnny moves his lips with Baby's slowly, wrapping his arms around his neck and back, helping hold Babyboy up as the latter's hand still places itself on Johnny's face. Slowly Baby pulls away, Johnny wanting more, however. 

 " I thought you weren't gay?" Johnny gasps, trying to get air to his lungs.

 " I changed my mind." The joke makes Babyboy give a laugh, as does Johnny before he's the one who starts the kiss, still slow so both can feel everything.

   Both knew it was wrong to do this. Gays were not allowed, and would be shamed if anyone knew. They could be beaten to death in streets by both Socs and Greasers. But both boys loved the feeling they had created. It felt like a volcano had erupted. It was a beautiful disaster.