9

Those words leave Johnny's mouth without his knowing. He was only thinking it, he just didn't mean to say it out loud. " I'm not gay," Babyboy repeats himself once more tonight. Johnny's lower lip quivers a moment before he turns away. He goes to walk off before his jaw is gripped softly by Babyboy. "But I'm okay that you are. I won't tell anyone." Johnny gives a soft smile, standing his tippy toes before wrapping his arms around Baby's neck, giving him a hug.

 Babyboy's eyes widen at first before closing with realization. He's not used to hugs, but at this moment it creates a warm feeling where his heart should be. He places his arms around Johnny, pulling him closer as his fingers trace his back. Johnny sighs in comfort, hiding his face in the latter's neck, getting a whiff of cigarettes, grease, and cologne. Babyboy catches Johnny's scent too. He gets a whiff of cigarettes, grease and a hint of mint for some reason.

 The two pull away. A grin places itself on Babyboy's face. Johnny gives a shy smile, looking away in embarrassment. Baby looks away for a moment before looking back at him. " Do you want to hang out at the lot?" Johnny hums a yes before the two walk. Johnny stares at the ground, hoping the heat disappears from his face soon. The heat only grows stronger on his face once Babyboy grabs his hand, pulling him so the elder will move faster.

 They walk past the park, Johnny wanting a cigarette. The two stop, Babyboy handing him one before lighting it for Johnny. Baby decides instead of going to the lot, he sits on the swing set, Johnny following in suit. They both give each other a shy smile, the air around them filled with peace. It was until a Soc car pulled up, the one that Babyboy had dealt with this morning. His eyes fill with fear yet hides it, knowing he has to be the stronger one of the two.

 " Well look who it is? The fag and his little boyfriend," the blond leader jokes, hopping out of the car as his friends follow. You can smell the alcohol on them. Even a few yards away both boys can see that they're drunk. The blond holds a bottle of liquor, taking a swig before taking a few steps towards them, talking again. " You know what a fag is? A piece of trash that takes dicks for fun." He then spits at Babyboy, it landing on his cheek. Johnnyboy flinches, scared of what's to happen next. Baby wipes the saliva off his cheek, standing up, Johnny doing the same.

 " You know what a Soc is?"

 " What?"

 " A fairy who sucks dick for fun." Babyboy spits at the leader before running, Johnny following, losing the cigarette. The gang of Socs follows. Four of them grab Babyboy, pushing his head into the water as two beat Johnny. Baby uses up a nice amount of his strength, being able to hold up for a bit before the leader throws a fist at his chest. Baby groans in pain before his head is dunked underwater once more. He feels as if lungs are burning. His body begins to slow down, his skin burning like lava. Tears escape his eyes, yet with him being underwater no one notices. He gives one final scream before blacking out.

 Johnny, now alone as the two who beat him decided to help drown Baby. He grabs his switch knife from his back pocket. He slowly stands up, the world through his eyes a bit tipsy. He sprints towards the blond leader, his hair like a beacon. Johnny soon loses feeling in his body, allowing his hand to do the work before a scream of pain is heard, followed by silence.