10

Johnny pulls Babyboy out of the fountain. He moves frantically, seeing Baby's chest not moving at all. He places his lips against Baby's, holding the latter's nostrils shut before blowing air into Babyboy's mouth. He does it repeatedly, more tears running down his face as time goes. " Wake up. Wake up please, Babyboy," Johnny begs, giving it one more go. His final attempt is a success, Baby pushing Johnny away out of instinct. Babyboy lays on his side, throwing up his fries and the water before going into a fit of coughs, rolling to his other side. Johnny sits down against the fountain, looking over at the crimson-covered knife. He grabs it, his hands beginning to shake in fear as he looks over at the dead blond.

" Johnny," Baby whimpers, his body feeling on fire, his throat like molten lava.

" I-I-I kill-killed him." Baby hears the words, confused why Johnny would say that. He rolls onto his stomach, looking over at Johnny. His eyes land on the knife, the blood sliding down the steel and onto Johnny's tan, soft yet calloused hands. " I-I had to Baby. I-I-I had to. I killed him," Johnny repeats the sentence once more, it fully syncing in for both boys. Baby's stomach begins to grumble as he sits up. He forces it down, however, not wanting to throw up acid.

" We gotta run Johnny," Babyboy mumbles, wiping the vomit off his face.

" Where? If someone finds us, we'll get the death penalty!" Johnny's eyes start to tear up once more. He's talked about dying, but he didn't want to die yet. He's sixteen, that's too young to die for him. That's not enough time.

" Calm down Johnnyboy. We can go see Dallas, he's at Buck's house for that party, remember?" Babyboy's words allow for Johnny to hear Dallas' voice telling them about it in his head. Baby forces himself to keep a level head, seeing Johnny looking as if he'll burst into tears. Johnny nods slowly for his answer.

" Okay. We can go, and he can help us." Babyboy slowly stands up, about to walk off before he looks back, finding a shivering Johnny. It's not the cold, that's the reason Baby is shiver. Johnny is shivering out of fear. " Johnny. Johnny look at me." Baby holds his face in his hands, forcing Johnny's black eyes to look back at his. " We'll be okay," he promises. Johnny nods once more, standing up with the help of Babyboy before the two move as quickly as they can over to Buck's house.