~Eight~

Faelyns POV

My eyes fluttered open as tears streamed down my face after having my dream turn into a nightmare, you could only guess what- or who it was about.

My hold around him tightened as I set my head on his chest and my breathing became heavy, panic attacks, I hated them.

I could feel my hands shake from where they gripped him and soon enough he opened his eyes tiredly before staring down at me, eyes widening.

"Hey, Hey," he calmed but I still panicked letting go of him and sitting up with him while looking up at him.

Another tear slid down my cheek as he wiped it away with his thumb. "Hey, I'm right here, you're okay, I promise" he whispered hugging me tightly as I let out a few quiet sobs.

Promise; something someone can never break, something someone had promised me many months, years, ago, weather I was promised a happy ending when I was seven, or a birthday present when I was a child, promise, like when he said he promised not to forget my birthday, but than again he promised to never hurt me.. well, that was years before he changed.. and I should've known.

"No" I replied weakly releasing him. "No you can't promise that, nobody can" I muttered weakly as he held the sides of my arms, my head dropping to look at my lap.

"Faelyn, I promise you'll be okay in my arms, you need to trust me, as long as I'm there you won't be hurt, okay?" He reassured and I looked up at him In awe.

This was all I ever wanted, someone who promised to care as much as my mother did, someone to share my laughs with, someone to cry to, and now I had it.

I looked back up at him hugging him so hard that we fell backward onto the couch cushions again.

My head sat in the crook of his neck while I closed my eyes again and drifted off into a better slumber after feeling him lift my hand to place a gentle kiss onto it and cradle it while he held me close.

"Sweet dreams" he whispered before darkness consumed me once more and this time my dream wasn't unpleasant.

~•~

I woke with a yawn before checking the time; 8:44 AM. Woah, he stayed over night? Right, right, he was 'welcome' to.. I'm sure my mother probably reassured his mom after seeing us on the couch when she got home last night because I glanced up to see her smiling at me warmly.

I rolled my eyes "how cuter can you guys get" She whisper-squealed and I scrunched up my face in annoyance.

"Would you be quiet, he doesn't even like me-" "so you like him?" She asked cutting me off with a raised eyebrow. I covered his ears with the palms of my hands, him still sound asleep. "I never said I did" I answered averting my gaze onto his curls.

"So then you don't..?" She asked in a sad tone, "I never said that either" I answered truthfully but quietly as her eyes widened with excitement.

"If you say one more thing mom, I'm never telling you stuff like this again" I snapped quickly.

She rolled her eyes sending me a smile, "breakfast is on the table" she replied before smiling over at us and walking out and upstairs.

I looked down to see him still sound asleep, now noticing his soft snores again. I chuckled reaching over and grabbing my  water bottel from the side table.

I twisted the cap pouring the rest of the two sips that the bottle contained on his face as he jolted awake, rolling over and onto the ground with me under him.

"What the hell was that!" He complained lazily looking up at me. "Uh water" I replied in an obvious tone.

"I know that you dum dum, but why" he groaned and I chuckled, his morning voice was pretty soothing and I patted his shoulder.