~Twenty~

Faelyns POV

Two weeks into the new year.. two weeks into the new year and I haven't seen Jack once. 'I'll call you tomorrow' lies. 'Don't worry, I'll be there' lies. 'Faelyn, I'm just busy..' lies.

I don't know why I feel so.. lost without him, I don't know why he hasn't even texted once.. but I've checked his Instagram, it isn't like his phones broken.. he posts on his story all the time, and you know who's always on there..

Sophia.

I just don't understand how he has the time for her but he can't even send a text, why he can't even show up to class, why he can't even look my way..

'New year new me' is too real, Jack has changed, he has, ever since Sophia and her small group of friends-who aren't the best influences-came to our school, he's rarely shown up to class, never saw me or the guys at lunch, and never even smiled at me..

And I don't know why.

I shook my head, 'new year new me' also applies to me, as ever since the new year, I haven't spoken a single word to anyone.. ever since Jack has stopped talking to me.. I've stopped talking..

I didn't notice how he held me together, how he had gently brought down my walls, and opened me up like a book, but I also didn't notice how he built them back up, how he closed that book, but now I noticed.. and I noticed he didn't care, he never cared about me, did he..

It was Saturday and I was in bed, I definitely am not getting out of bed anytime soon, to be honest, I think I should just live here.

I groaned at the sunlight beaming through the window before sitting up in my bed, my eyes immediately drawing towards Jacks yellow skateboard he'd left at my house, perhaps I could go skate later-give it another try? Get him off my mind..

I figured I'd do just that before I reached over to my phone, sending my mom a quick text,

Hey ma' I figured you were already at work sense it's already 1, sorry I slept in so late, but I love you and have a great day💛

I sighed, sending the text before getting up to walk myself to the bathroom. I looked up, into the mirror, looking at my eyes, my blank.. sad, dead eyes..

The once green bright and warming orbs I had now lost their light, it's as if every day that comes, my eyes grow sadder..

They remind me of someone.. someone I thought I'd forgotten..

They reminded me of my father, and his friends that would taunt me, hit me-abuse me.. they remind me of how dead his eyes were when we took him to the court, when he didn't plead guilty..

Flashback

My mother came into the room, all dressed up in the formal clothing as she smiled at me before I let a tear fall as I grabbed her hand. "Today's the day, Faelyn, I promise we'll get justice, you won't see him ever again" she told me, her voice soft as she kissed my forehead and lead us out to the car.

We drove in silence, the radio softly playing in the background as I tried not to sit back in the chair, the bruises on my back stung every time they made contact with anything.

Soon enough she pulled into the parking lot of the building, getting out and opening my door as I got out slowly and shut it, she locked it as we walked in, politely smiling at others while making our way to the room.

Hours had passed of me telling, in detail, the events that lead up to today, how hard he'd hit me, how he hit me, how his friends hit me.. some violating me..