~Thirty Four~

Faelyns POV

We pulled into my driveway and I saw my mothers car was vacant. Oh well, buys me time to convince her to keep the dog-and if she says otherwise-it'll give me time to spend with the dog before we need to give him back or away.

And I really don't want to.

I hopped out of the car, Bullet skidding behind me in excitement as Jack shut the car door and walked to my house door, unlocking it with his spare key and letting me and the dog in first.

He followed me inside, hand on the small of my back while he guided me to the couch and sat on the love seat, diagonal from me, as the dog hopped up onto my lap and I hugged him.

God this dog will be the death of me.

"Awe, I love you Bullet" I cooed, petting the dog as Jack audibly pouted, "lucky! I never get that much attention" he whined as I flipped him off with a sarcastic smile.

"I wonder what your mother will say about the dog" he commented, trying to avoid the subject as I raised my eyebrow, "that doesn't matter right now, what? Have you forgotten that you have unanswered questions?" I asked hurriedly, I was urgent to know why he was where he was and what he was even doing there.

"Okay okay, im sorry, sheesh, what's your first question, you get...three." He nodded, looking at me as I narrowed my eyes, "I get as many as I want, you promised" I said childishly before chucking a pillow at him, Bullet barking too before jumping over and onto him and licking his face.

"C'mere baby, come back" I called to the dog, Jack getting up with a silly smile and sitting on my lap. "Not you you idiot, the dog" I snapped, shoving him off of my knee with a small laugh as he let out a surprised squeak.

"Sorry not sorry, you can sit on the floor, c'mere Bullet" I joked, Jack sitting up, his back setting against the leg of the coffee table as he faced me, crossing his legs as Bullet hopped up beside me again.

"Now, change the subject again-and I'll slap you" I threatened playfully, holding up a hand as he held his own up in surrender, "Okay-Jheez, sorry-ask away!" He exclaimed with a laugh as I smiled sheepishly, looking down at Bullet and running my fingers across his thin fur coat while I thought of the first question.

Let's start easy.

"So, how do you know that old guy and that-stupid stupid man" I asked, Jack nervously playing with his earring as he looked at my knees.

"Well..I used to work for-" he cleared his throat "-with Jensen and Damien.." he nodded as I raised an eyebrow, there seemed to be more to it but when he didn't speak I didn't push.

"Hm. Okay. Well, why...are they so rude?" I asked, not being able to think of a good question while my mind thought about his previous answer.

Jensen and Damien didn't seem the type to fix bikes?

"They just are" he shrugged, I only nodded, processing it all before looking at him, "now, I want you to be honest with these questions-" "I am!" He exclaimed.

"Shh, don't yell in front of my kid bro" I shushed him as Bullet started to doze off on my thigh, "keep it down or use your outside voice outside" I threatened as he chuckled quietly.

"Now...do you really 'fix bikes'?" I asked quietly, Jack urgently nodding, sitting straighter.

I raised my eyebrows, my eyes watering-he looks nervous-is he lying?

Oh God...

"I-yeah, I do, I swear" he stuttered, my stomach pitting. Was he lying?

I didn't know honestly.