Thirty-six

Faelyns POV

Jack and I parked at the grocery store, Jack shutting off the car as we both got out. It had been a week since the whole "I rejoined the gang" bullcrap and honestly, it isn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Just some scary phone calls here and there-but other than that I saw nothing out of the ordinary.

I wrapped my right arm around his left as we walked to the doors, parting to grab a cart before we entered the chilly store.

We shopped for a bit, pulling off snacks from the shelves and good meals to make for when he babysits his sisters.

All had been running well until an older looking dude decided to stumble on over and glare at us from down the isle.

I looked at Jack, then to the guy-who looked to be in his mid 20's- then looked at Jack again.

What the shit?

"Avery" the man spat.

Okayyy definitely a gang member. I did NOT expect this at all.

I narrowed my eyes as the man came closer, letting go of the cart to move beside Jack.

"Let's take this to the parking lot, yeah?" The man asked with an eerie smile as I glared daggers. Pulling jacks arm like a little kid.

"Who the hell is this guy?" I hissed, looking over his shoulder to see the man impatiently folding his arms and tapping his foot.

"He's from the Devilled Souls..they want money" Jack replied with a straight face, not once taking his eyes off of the man.

"What? Why?" I asked, my nose scrunching up. If Jack was only merely associated with the gang then why were all of these 'enemy's' recognizing him? He said he never went into 'combat' but now I'm starting to second guess it.

"Just stay here, buy the groceries and I should be done by the time you reach the car" he instructed simply.

"What! No! I'm staying with you" I argued quietly, Jack beginning to walk away from me after motioning towards the front of the store to the man.

They didn't wanna cause a scene.

I mean I wouldn't either if I was in a gang.

I tapped the metal bar of the cart, deciding to listen to Jack and just continue shopping, eventually getting to the self-checkout and leaving the store.

I reached the truck, loading the groceries and huffing out in content when I closed the trunk, walking around the truck to sit in the passengers seat, expecting Jack to be sitting in the drivers.

He wasn't there.

Instant panic was all I could feel as I hopped out of the car and slammed the door behind me.

Oh if that motherfucking piece of asswipe crackhead touched my man I'm going to beat the living shit out of him and-

My thoughts were interrupted by a small beep, I quickly crossed the small roadway of the parking lot, waving an apology to the driver before returning to my angry state.

Where the hell would a pair of gang idiots go to argue?

Back of the store?

Maybe.

I made my way to the side of the building, nobody in sight before I continued to walk towards the back.

I turned the corner and passed a few huge dumpsters before seeing that guy pinning my baby up against the wall.