~Twenty-Two~

Jacks Pov

I placed the binders into my locker, my eyes getting caught on the pictures of me and Sophia on the side of the metal door. I shook my head, tearing them off and revealing pictures of me and Faelyn that her mother had printed for me.

My Sunshine..

I missed her so much, anything I'd do just to hear her say my name one last time-to smile at me.. all I heard from her was the beating of her own heart monitor when I'd see her though..

I pulled off a picture of her and I eating ice cream, opening my phone case and tucking it in the back. Everyday I brought a picture of us or an item symbolizing a memory to her bedside, so when she does wake up-she'll be instantly reminded.

Before I put the phone case back onto my phone I looked down at the picture, her smile was so bright-that was the day I gave her the nickname..

She truly was my sunshine..

Flashback

"Bro, I want ice cream" Faelyn whined, pointing to the small truck as her and Jack cut through the park.

The boy chuckled at her childish behaviour when she stopped walking, and stomped her foot, "I want some" she demanded, lifting her chin.

"Alright, Alright, go, I'll wait here" the boy smiled, ushering her on, "no, are you stupid? I'm not going by myself! I'll get kidnapped!" she exclaimed swatting the boys arm before shaking her head.

"Cmon sunshine, we both know you throw a nasty punch, and it's like seven feet away, nobody would even come near you-" "gee thanks" the girl teased sarcastically before grabbing his wrist. Her cheeks had grown pink from the nickname.

"Fine. But I'm getting one too" he implied, "I'm not paying" she said shaking her head, "I know, I am" he smiled before she sent him a small laugh and he buckled an arm around her shoulder.

They walked towards the small grey and pink truck, her eyes shone in the sunlight out of adoration for the tasty treat. What flavour?" He asked, as they were the only ones in the non-existent line.

"Uhm.... cookie Dough" she decided, Jack then nodding to the man as he scooped hers up into a long cone, "I'll have strawberry" he added, pulling out a ten dollar bill and handing it to him.

The pair took their ice cream as the man reached to grab some change for Jack, "keep the change" he told him with a small smile, leading Faelyn away and to a bench where they shared the fresh ice cream with their stomachs.

"Thanks Jack" she smiled, her cold lips coming to meet his cheek-leaving a trace of vanilla ice cream on it. She'd wipe it away, the boy melting under her smile.

The boy returned his own smile, wiping a small smudge of chocolate chip from the girl's lip.

"No problem sunshine"

End of flashback. (I tried to make it cute to make up for what's coming 🌝)

I shut my locker, my hand trailing onto Faelyns as I remembered her adoring smile. I get to see her today, and hopefully.. maybe she wakes up..

Attempting to fill my mind with the thought of her and everything going right to extinguish the negative worries, I skidded down the stairs, making my way out of the school and across the parking lot to my car.

'is it alright if I come down?' I texted Michelle, wondering if she wanted alone time with her daughter or if I could visit.

'Of course!' She quickly replied as I switched on my engine and pulled out of the parking lot.

~•~

I pulled into the parking lot of the hospital, shutting off the car and making my way in-it was almost urgent that I had to see her, it had been two weeks since my last visit because of being busy with school work and my sisters.
And she has been in a coma for four and a half weeks now..

I shook my head, making my way to the elevator and to the next floor. Stepping out and going down the hallway to the familiar room.

Oh how I hate this room..

I pulled the door open, Michelle looking up from her book and uncrossing her legs to stand up and hug me. "Hey, how are you?" I asked quietly-as if Faelyn was asleep and I'd wake her.

"Good hun, and you?" She asked, releasing and setting a comforting hand on my arm. "I'm doing alright, is everything going well with Faelyn?"

"They uh-the doctors were able to take her arm cast off, her bones seemed to mend well without the movement, as for her ribs-they Uhm, the swellings gone up" she trailed quietly.

"She will get better, I promise" I assured sending her a small smile, "why don't you go sit down and continue reading, I'll go grab us a snack from the vending machine down the hall" I offered. "S-sure, Thanks Jack" she smiled, sitting down and picking up her book with shaky hands.

I walked out of the room- not before sparing Faelyns pale body a glance.

I made my way down the hallway, deciding I was going to use the bathroom first because it had been a long drive with traffic and I'd drank a lot of water during gym.

Entering and doing my business I washed my hands, looking up into the mirror at the empty eyes that stared back at me. I need her to wake up.

There is no way I'll be able to even breathe without her..

I walked out and towards the machine before I heard a muffled beeping-the pace increasing, it seemed distant to be near- it's probably in my head..

"Doctor! Can I get a doctor! Please!" A voice cried out- a familiar voice, and that was when my blood ran cold.

I turned, sprinting down the hallway and into the room,

Faelyns heart monitor was decreasing..

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Can you hear me sobbing!? What if I told you she has a chance at surviving?

Sigh. ANYWAY! THANKS FOR 2k reads, never did I ever think this book would make it that far!

Don't forget to vote ! Comment! And share!

Thanks for reading!!

Love,

-N💛