~Twenty-Three~

Jacks Pov

No no no

Michelle was latching onto Faelyns hand, bent over and sobbing into the girls arm as I stared at the monitor, the line blinking red along with the numbers as the lines began to get more spread out.

I froze, was I going to lose her?

Finally, a team of about four to five nurses shot into the room, immediately surrounding Faelyn while Michelle backed up in worry.

The began pumping her chest, for what seemed like years, until the beeping seemed to slow, her heart rate slowly coming back up to a low irregular pace.

"What-What's wrong?" Michelle sobbed out, latching onto her daughters hand as I let out a relieved sigh while seeing her chest absently rise and fall.

"We're not sure, we'll take her in for a cat scan then an ex ray, she could have punctured a bloodstream to her heart, and if something that serious has happened she'll need to go in for another surgery" a nurse answered, writing some stuff down onto a small clipboard before they unlocked her bed, latching an oxygen mask onto her face and rolling her out.

"You two won't be allowed in, radiation is high in those rooms and it's too severe" she added, exiting the room quickly as I turned to Michelle.

"She'll be okay" I assured meekly, my eyes tearing up.

I just hope I'm able to believe myself on that one..

~•~

We were sat in Faelyns room, as I stared down at the table side of photos and notes, items.. memories.

It had been about two hours since they'd taken her..

Taken my sunshine..

Before a doctor came into the room, his face tucked in a frown before he looked over at Michelle who prepared for the worst.

"She's breathing.." he started, me and Michelle immediately letting out a heavy breath.

"W-well, where is sh-she?" She asked, wiping her nose with a tissue from the table side.

"The swelling in her ribs had punctured one of her main tunnels to her heart, it cut off the circulation, it was a close call.. she's in surgery and they need to cut some of the tissue to reduce the swelling, from our statistics everything should run smoothly, she'll be back here by Eleven" he let out, in seemingly, a single breath.

It was only six right now.. this surgery was going to last five hours..

"Ok, thank you Doctor Parr" she nodded, the Doctor sending her a hopeful smile before exiting the room.

~•~

I woke up, uncrossing my arms and adjusting my eyes to the darkness of the room while seeing a pair of nurses wheel Faelyn in her bed back into the room.

I smiled,

I didn't lose her,

She's strong..

I nudged Michelle, she immediately woke up, her head snapping to the bed before she lied back into her chair in relief.

"Alright Jack, you should be heading home, it's late and you've got school tomorrow" She said as I shook my head.

"But what if something happens again? I want to be here for you both" I let out, sitting up and watching the motionless girl.

"Jack, you can come right after school tomorrow, just please, get some rest" she insisted, turning on a small lamp beside her and pulling her book out.