~Thirty-One~

(Quick A/n this chapter might be triggering! Read at your own risk! Mentions of assault later in the chapter)

Faelyns POV

"So what are you gonna order Sunshine?" He asked with a small smile as he looked up from his menus, his dazzling brown eyes meeting my green ones as he held a small lopsided smile.

His lips looked so plump right now, I could honestly just kiss them all day. I looked at him, examining his face and taking in his features, the patterns of his skin and the freckles that mapped his face.

I smiled.

My dimples dipping into the sides of my cheeks as I placed the menu down, "I'll just get a garden salad" I said softly, "oh and an iced tea!" I added with a small light laugh, Jack nodding.

I swung my feet under the booth, playing with some grains of salt on the table I'd poured from the salt maker in boredom while waiting for the waiter, my fingers tracing patterns before I accidentally kicked Jacks shin.

"Oops" I let out playfully, he sent me a playful glare, gently bumping my foot with his own as I shove his back, and we continued to play footsies until someone cleared their throat.

I held in laughter, turning my head and expecting to see a waiter or a waitress but instead seeing an older man, he smelt of cigars and his clothes consisted of a black tee, a leather vest and black bottoms, he had tatted arms and I looked at Jack in confusion, shuffling back a few centimetres in the booth, the smell of cigars burning my nostrils and coursing through my nose, the pounding of my heartbeat heard through my ears as I winced at the foul smell.

I kept my eyes on Jack, raising an eyebrow, "Avery." The man drug out slowly causing putting a dirty hand on the table to hold himself up while he analyzed me carefully, nodding before turning back to Jack.

"I thought I told you to meet me at-" "oh yes yes, I forgot about th-that.. the um, shed, you needed help fixing your bike-no problem Jensen" Jack rambled, almost nervously as he placed down his menu, I didn't fail to see a pointed look that Jack sent the man-or Jensen.

"Jensen.. this is Faelyn" Jack said, I nodded at the man, not opening my mouth to speak as he straightened up, offering a fake lopsided smirk as he turned back to Jack.

"Meet us at the shed in two hours. Not a second later" the man gritted out through his teeth, a small glare glued onto his face as he walked closer to Jack, whispering something to him as I sat in confusion.

Who the hell was this and why did he want his bike fixed so badly?

Wait.. Jack knows how to fix bikes-bikes...motorcycles maybe?

The man sent him another pointed look, giving him a hard pat on the shoulder as I saw Jack visibly wince, my eyes narrowing in confusion as he walked away without another word.

That couldn't have been Jacks dad.. he said he was dead? And his name wasn't Jensen??

"Jack? Who the hell was that?" I hissed, Jack seemed distance, his foot tapping the floor repeatedly before he looked back up at me with a shake of his head. "N-No one don't worry about it" he insisted as I let out a small slow nod.

The waiter finally came and took our orders, leaving again to go prepare the food as I folded my hands together, smiling at Jack.

Jack though, still had an emotionless look on his face.. he didn't exactly seem.....there.

I waved my hand in front of his face, looking at him worriedly, "huh? What? Yeah yeah" he said quickly as I sent him a small blank look, "dude, what's wrong? I'm your best friend, you can tell me Jack" I said with a small smile.