~Twenty-Seven~

Jacks POV

I tapped my foot as Faelyn was asleep, she had fallen asleep while we were waiting for the boys to arrive.

They take forever, holy crap..

The door creaked open as my head snapped up. "Gheez guys, fina-"

It was a man, a man who had a dirty beard and raggedy clothes, he looked not only shady, but dirty..

"Uh sir, you must have the wrong room" I offered politely, he didn't look like no doctor so he shouldn't be in here.. right?

"No I believe I'm correct" he snapped, and that's when the switch went off.. this was Faelyns dad..

Now I remembered from the night at McDonald's, he'd bruised up her arm just by the grip on it-if he thought I was gonna let him take another step into the room he was as good as stupid.

"Who are you?" I asked, crossing my arms while sitting up-knowing well who he was as he let out a small chuckle. "I'm her father" he replied lowly, raising an eyebrow as I saw the spit particles escaping his mouth as he snapped again.

"And who are you and why are you with my daughter?" He pried, taking another step closer and mimicking my movements by crossing his arms.

"I'm your daughters best friend" I gritted out, now standing, growing angrier by the second because of remembering Faelyns stories about him.

Flashback

"H-he beat me Jack.. him and his D-Devilish friends.. I-It hurt" Faelyn sobbed, she had just got back from the mall with Christina and Tate..

Faelyn had went to use the rest room when her father cornered her, him and his friends pulled her into the family bathroom before kicking her vigorously, bruising her and even punching her.

They pulled her hair, taunted her on how she was weak.. eventually her friends who were grabbing food, had ran into her father..

He told them that she was in the washroom and she was being harmed.. they found her a bloody bruised mess and she went home soar.

She told Jack everything, every detail, the ways their feet dug into her stomach, the ways their hands tugged at her hair as if it were a rope..

Jack couldn't do anything, he felt helpless.. and this made him angrier.

End of flashback

"Right right.. could you excuse us, I'd like a word with my daughter" he insisted-sounding more like a threat than a request.

"No can do sir, I promised  to stay beside her while she slept, whatever you have to say can be said in front of me" I replied just as low, now taking a guarded step in front of her bed.

The mans eyes narrowing before he lunged forwards.

Faelyns POV

My eyes opened from his voice. What was he doing here?

I clearly went unnoticed until he seemed to threaten Jack, Jack replying in a deep low tone and I had to admit-that was sexyyyyyy as heckkkk

Jack seemed to be handling the encounter well so I closed my eyes before they noticed me. Before I could fully close them I heard shuffling, my head snapping over to the source as I saw him lunge at Jack with a closed fist.

My eyes widened, no noise escaping my throat before Jack swiftly and almost by instinct dodged the quick punch, latching onto his wrist  and backing him up against the wall.