~Thirty Three~

(Quick a/n, you guys have shown this book so much love and thank you so much, if you have time please check out my other books :)

Faelyns POV

"Hey Jack, where are we going again?" I asked, tapping the center console as he sighed out, turning the music up a bit and sending me a small glance, "I'm just meeting up with a friend-he needed some cash, so uh, it shouldn't take long-then we can head to the mall"

He assured as I nodded, "who is it this time?" I asked, he had always been meeting up with friends and giving them cash or reviving cash-it was..well....weird.

Jack isn't a drug dealer, I thought he was to be honest, so I asked him, and he had a talk with me and told me he fixed cars-which makes sense because that's what he told that old guy at the restaurant a few weeks ago.

So it's no biggie.

Soon enough he pulled onto a gravel road, the tires bumping against the rocks as he slowly drove down the long driveway to what looked like a beaten down warehouse.

Jheez.

He parked behind the building, shutting off the car and sitting back in his seat with a huff, "so...are you gonna go in?" I asked impatiently as he shook his head, "and leave you? Here?" He asked, shaking his head, "no" he finished as my eyes narrowed.

"Just go, I'll be fine" I insisted, crossing my arms as he looked over at me, "I'm staying here Faelyn, I'm not going inside" he said lower, the tone in his voice dangerous and chilling as I nodded, rolling my eyes while sitting back.

We sat in silence for a few more minutes.

"Just go" I shot out, finally breaking the silence as he sighed heavily in annoyance, unbuckling his seatbelt in frustration before getting out of the car and bending down to look at me, "don't leave the car, don't unlock the doors, and don't roll down the windows" he warned, almost dangerously before shutting the door and locking the car, giving me one last glance as his face softened before walking towards the back door of the warehouse.

I rested my cheek on my closed fist, looking out the window and staring at the forest that lied behind the mysterious building.

He was being awfully protective here..

Strange.

Maybe he's paranoid?

No, he's not usually like this-but then again, this place is pretty sketchy.

Hm.

In fact, it kind of made me curious.

I pulled the lock up on the door, looking at the back door of the warehouse to see if he was outside.

Nope. All clear.

Sneakily and quietly I opened my door, silently stepping out and shutting it before shoving my phone into my front pocket and beginning to walk towards the back of the warehouse.

I walked over to the windows, but they were blacked out-no help there.

I looked at the door, seeing a small crack and peered inside, I didn't see much but I did see Jack and that old guy from the restaurant conversing.

That's weird.

I shrugged, turning and heading back to the car when a dog ran up to me, a metal chain around its neck-god, this dog has more ice than me.

It seemed alerted but its ears perked when it realized I wasn't a threat. I bent down, petting the dog, it was a pit bull, it's fur a beautiful grey and it's eyes bright and blue.