~Twenty-four~

Jacks Pov

It has been a month and a half...

A month and a half,

Without conversing with my sunshine, seeing her eyes light up or the way her hair falls around her face when she smiles..

But I have hope..

I looked down at the girl, "Jack, I'm going to grab a bagel from the cafeteria, do you want anything?" Michelle asked me.

"No, thank you though" I smiled back at her, turning back to Faelyn.

"Hey there Fae, I really really miss you.. I Uh, Im not sure if I could go on with you like this" I paused, grabbing her hand that seemed warm but pale.

"But I need you to do me a favour.. the doctors said you're holding on-by a thread, I need you to take that thread, and wrap it around your hand to pull yourself back up.. you're strong, I know it, just..just try, please" I pleaded, rubbing a thumb over her hand.

I knew she couldn't hear me, but I needed her to..

"Faelyn, I'm passing my classes" I began on a lighter note, "the portrait you painted, I've asked to put it up on the wall at school, and it's up there" I smiled, remembering back at the fun goofy time.

Flashback

The boy walked in a hurry, finally entering the classroom and just a few minutes late. "Jack, sit down" the teacher scolded.

The boy nodded as he took a seat beside Faelyn, pulling out his project from yesterday and setting the canvas on the table.

"Haha, you're late and I'm not" the girl teased beside him, sticking her tongue out in a childish manner.

The boy rolled his eyes before she smiled, turning back to the canvas she had been painting with the achromatic colour scheme.

It was a woman-looked to be in a hurry while walking, different parts of the picture different shades. The woman seemed to be going somewhere-the best part about it,

Was that the girl never mentioned where, she was a mystery,

Just like his sunshine was.

End of flashback

"You never told me where the woman in your painting was going" I mentioned, giving her hand a squeeze, "but that's alright.." I trailed quietly.

"I miss you so so fucking much" I let out, the tears finally falling as my tone of voice grew weaker. " I know you don't like when I swear, so please, wake up to tell me to 'watch my language'"I chuckled, wiping the tears away.

"And I'm sorry I wasn't there for you that week and a bit.. I just, I had a lot going on and too many people that I was believing..

When all I needed was you" I finished.

"C-Cmon Faelyn.. please, p-please wake up soon, fight against the doctors assumptions.. you-you'll make it, I know you will" I cried out quietly, looking down at her pale hand.

"Please.. just d-do anything t-to assure me you can hear me.. you're here.." I mumbled,

"I need you"

Faelyns POV (yeettt don't get your hopes up)

I listened to Jack, recognizing his voice, after all, it was one of the same ones I'd been hearing for the past... past few days-months?

I'm not sure,

But my eyes felt tight, I was sure, I couldn't stretch my eyelids open to look at the boy, my lips just about glued together..