My Way of Thinkin: Part I

Korey's POV

I pulled up to the gates at the end of Brantley's driveway leaning over to punch in the code. I had finished wrapping the last few things up for the tour in Nashville this morning before getting in the road headed to Georgia. Much to his dismay, I wouldn't agree to move in with him. We had argued about it for the last week. I had finally gotten enough and told him that so much had happened in the last couple of months we needed to talk about this when we weren't so busy. With everything that he had done to me, my shooting Georgie had quickly been ruled self-defense. Won't lie, I breathed a sigh of relief when PJ informed me the next afternoon that he hadn't made it out of surgery.

I was looking forward to some downtime for the rest of the year to work on putting things behind me. I had plans lined up with JP to look at options and what Frank's schedule would be like next year. Reaching the end of the driveway, I parked on the other side of Brantley's truck narrowing my eyes at the SUV with Georgia plates parked closer to the front door. When I talked to him earlier he was finishing getting the last few things he needed for the bonfire he had planned tonight.

Shrugging my shoulders, I figured it was some family member I hadn't met yet and pulled my bags out of the back then headed inside. I cut through the garage since the door was raised taking the door that lead into the kitchen. I tripped over a pair of boots after I shut the door rolling my eyes as I grumbled under my breath. I sat my bags down then laid my keys on the counter. Hearing a set of footsteps in the foyer made me look up and walk to the doorway.

I crossed my arms fighting back my temper as I noticed the slim brunette that had her back to me. I cleared my throat as she turned around seeing me. A low growl slipped out before I raised my voice yelling up the stairs.

"B!!" I yelled and heard a muffled "oh shit" as the woman chuckled shaking her head. Brantley appeared at the top of the stairs a second later with wide eyes carrying a box in his hands. I put my hands on my hips narrowing my eyes at him as he walked down.

"Now Princess," he warned gruffly. I snarled back at him tapping my foot. He walked closer to her passing over the box as she gave him a quick smile. I grumbled under my breath wondering just what in the hell she was doing here.

"You must be Korey,'' Amber said as she shifted the box to get a better grip on it as Brantley stepped to my side slipping an arm around me. "I'm sorry for coming by. I had forgotten this box of my grandmother's dishes when I moved out. Thanks again Brantley." She gave me a nod then headed out the front door shutting it quietly behind her. I turned on my heel stalking into the kitchen pulling out a bottle of water. I knew logically that it was nothing. They'd been married. This had been her house too at one point. Maybe deep down that was what was holding me back from telling him yes.

"That's all it was Princess," Brantley said with a sigh behind me. I nodded my head looking over my shoulder at him leaning against the counter. "Actually, she told me that she was glad that I had met you believe it or not. That I looked happier than I had in a long time."

"Better be," I said giving him a smile. He walked over wrapping his arms around me lowering his head to kiss me softly.

"Mmm.."he mumbled against my lips. "I missed getting that this morning. You're bags still in your Jeep?''

"Nope," I said shaking my head and pointing to them on the floor. "Right over there. How long before everyone gets here?"

"About an hour or so," Brantley said stepping away from me to grab my bags. He stilled looking down at them then glared back at me. "That's it?"

"Yea," I said rolling my eyes. "Should be plenty for a couple of weeks."

"Couple of weeks?" he growled cocking an eyebrow at me. "Woman, you ain't leaving. So where's the rest of your stuff?"

"In my room, at my house, in Tennessee," I said through clenched teeth. "Thought we'd had this discussion. We would talk about it after things have settled down."

"Damn stubborn ass," Brantley grumbled grabbing my bags stalking out the kitchen. "Hardhead. Willful...bossy ass woman." I snickered as I followed him up the stairs enjoying watching his ass in those faded jeans as he stomped up the stairs. No doubt I would pay for being a brat later. I sat on the edge of his bed pulling my shoes off as he walked back out of his closet stopping in front of me. I gasped when he pushed me backwards leaning down to capture my lips kissing me hard. I moaned lowly as his tongue tangled with mine and gasped when he broke it standing back up. An evil smirk spread across his lips. "Go on and get you a shower and get ready. Gonna get cooler after the sun goes down. And don't think we are done discussing this. Mark my words, you will come around to my way of thinking eventually baby girl."

"Fine," I sighed poking my lip out. He tapped a finger on it with a dark chuckle.

"Stop pouting Princess," he said with a grin pulling me up and pushing me towards the bathroom. "I will definitely take care of you later."

"All talk and no action!" I yelled at his retreating back before going to the closet and digging in my bag for my favorite worn out pair of jeans and a long sleeve t-shirt. Tossing those and a hot pink underwear set on the bed I headed in stripping as I walked to grab a shower. A while later I walked back into the bedroom after drying my hair and noticed a black lace underwear and bra set sitting on my clothes instead of the ones I had originally laid out. Not thinking anything of it, I slipped them on knowing if he had taken the time to buy those, he would be like a kid in a candy store later. Looking back, if I had known then what he was up to, I would have told him to cancel the bonfire right then and there.