16.

Manik's pov:

It has been from last 4 hours I am continuously working on my laptop like a robot without any food and water.

I had totally forgotten about the morning incident.

My gaze shifted towards that clock and I realised that I was working for long time.
My cabin' s door flung open and Max walked in.

Sir, it's lunch time ...he spoke.

Then it strike me that I had not taken my lunch.

Nandini's thought crossed my mind.

Max order lunch for 2 in my cabin and call Nandu too immediately....I spoke to him he nodded his head in positive way and left.

She knocked the door and I ordered her to enter.

After few seconds, Nandu walked in with a sad face and I can guess that she was angry on me.

From next time you don't need to knock in just walk in ...I spoke.

Okay ...was only what she would reply.

She stood in front of me with her head hung low.

I am feeling extremely bad for her , I wish I would just hug but I need to me strict or else she would ignore her health again which I wouldn't offer again.

Did you had your lunch...I asked.

She was looking down in guilt and that got me the answer for my question.

No  I didn't have it ...she spoke.

Why...asked.

I was not hungry...came her reply.

I can understand it's your trick just to skip the meals but I won't tolerate that ..I spoke loudly and that was liilte rude by my tone.

Her eyes had already welled up and I was dying thousand times seeing her condition.

I ordered myself to control my emotions and concentrate now.

Max entered in with the canteen boy carrying the food and other desserts in trolley.

I can see that her eyes were widen in shock.
The canteen boy arranged the table for 2 people.

I took my seat and gestured her to take the sit opposite to me.

Sit, Nandini  I ordered to her as she was stubborn not to sit and have her food....I spoke to her.

I am not hungry ....came her reply.

Just have little...I asked her and she sat down.

We had our food slienlty.She ate little as she had ate in the morning too , and I was satisfied with it.

I remembered that doctor had asked me to let her take rest and I had totally forgotten about it.

Nandini  ...I called her while she was wrapping the things on table , i had asked the poen to do but she was stubborn to listen and was doing it on her own.