chapter 1

You walked through the great hall trying to find a seat at the Gryffindor table. "Hey." You smiled sitting next to Hermione.

"Hi." The golden trio said in unison. You looked at harry and gave him a sincere look.

"I heard about you fainting. Are you ok?" You asked.

"Yes thanks, but how did you know?" Harry quizzed nervously.

"I overheard someone say it when I was coming in. I think half the school knows." You informed.

"Wonderful." He replied sarcastically.

Dumbledore began his speech but you weren't listenning to it that much because he was just talking about the rules which you already knew.

"Potter." You glanced behind Harry and saw Malfoy and his gang all smirking. "Potter!" He repeated. Harry and Ron turned around and Malfoy's smirk grew. "Is it true you fainted? You actually fainted." He mocked whilst his Friend pretended to faint.

"Shut up Malfoy!" Ron spat.

"How did he find out?" Harry asked.

"Probably the same way I did. I wouldn't worry that much about it because I bet if he was in that position he would probably faint as well, I know I would." You said trying to sound supportive.

"Mmm." He mumbled.

Draco Malfoy. Hermione, Harry and Ron hated him. It's fair to say they're enemies but as for you, well you didn't hate him you just disliked him. You're pretty sure he doesn't even know your name as you have never spoken before properly. You just didn't like him because he bullies everyone.

"Rubeus Hagrid!" Dumbledore announced bringing back your attention to his speech. You gave a huge clap and whistled as Hagrid stood up moving the table, which you couldn't help laugh at. Then Dubledore started to talk about something a lot more serious.

"As a request from the ministry of magic we play host to the dementors of azkaban until such a time when sirius black is captured the dementors will be stationed at every entrance to the ground. whilst I've been assured that their presence will not affect day to day activities. A word of caution, dementors are vicious creatures they will not extinguish the one they hunt and the one that gets in their way therefore i must warn each and everyone of you to give them no reason to harm you. It's not in the nature of a dementor to be forgiving, but you know happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light."

You gave a look to the golden trio and whispers filled the hall as the food appeared on the tables. Sirius black was a killer, a vicious and evil man. He was one of Voldemort's followers according to your parents.

Once you had had enough food you exited the great hall and followed Hermione up the stairs laughing and talking about the summer holidays. You had a lot in common and you understood each other better than others because you both lived in the muggle world and were both clever.

"Fortuna major." You heard Seamus say in the distance. When you got closer you noticed that the fat lady in the portrait wasn't listening and instead she was trying to sing. "She won't listen to me, she jsut won't let me in." Seamus said annoyed.

"Fortuna Major." You spoke clearly.

"No, no wait! Watch this." She told you. Then she screamed loudly. You along with other Gryffindor's held your ears as her horrible singing hurt them. You glanced up and saw her smash the glass on the wall. "Just with my voice!" She bragged.

"Fortuna Major." Harry said.

"Yes alright go in." She sighed.

"Thank you." Everyone huffed.