Chapter 43 End of order of the phoenix

Umbridge was gone and Dumbledore was back. It was a good thing and you wanted to feel happy, you really did but no matter how hard you tried you couldn't stop thinking about what happened in the department of mysteries and you knew everything was about to get a whole lot worse next year.

You also hadn't spoken to Draco yet. Honestly you didn't know how to feel about him, not him specifically, but the fact his father was there, he was part of the reason Sirius was killed and as much as you didn't want to let that affect how you felt about Draco, it was hard seeing him and not being reminded about it.

"Y/N."

You turned your head to see who said your name. It was Hermione, she sat on the end of your bed with a smile. "How are you?"

"Peachy." You replied with a fake smile.

"Seriously Y/N." Hermione said shaking her head with a slight chuckle.

"I can't stop replaying when Sirius, y'know." You sighed. "And Harry's screams, I can't unhear them Hermione... but I'm fine." You said and looked down at the floor.

She put an arm around you, giving you a side hug. "It will get better I promise."

"Thanks Hermione but I am okay, Harry on the other hand." You said. "Has he said anything?" You asked.

Even though you was obviously upset about what you'd seen, you knew what you was feeling, Harry was feeling ten times more. He'd been distant since you came back, not really speaking to anyone, which you completely understood, but it worried you.

"No, I think he went to Dumbledore earlier though." Hermione said and stood up. "I'm going to the library to drop off these books with Ron, do you want to come?" She asked.

"No I still have some packing to do." You said and smiled.

"Alright, I'll see you at the feast then." She said.

"Yeah." You replied as she left the dorm.

After you'd finished packing the last few bits into your case you made your way out of the common room. Hogwarts was happy again. As you walked down the staircases you could hear the paintings on the walls having conversations with each other and you found yourself laughing at some of the comments they made about Umbridge.

You headed down the corridor minding your own business when you was broken from your thoughts when you saw Draco heading towards you. The corridor was empty so you couldn't even pretend you didn't see him. You decided not to mention anything about what happened in the department of mysteries and just try to act like it didn't happen, to not make it weird and you didn't want to lose him when you had just started a relationship with him. He smirked as he got closer to you.

"Would it hurt to smile instead of smirk?" You asked playfully.

"Would it hurt you to be less stubborn?" He replied.

"Yes it would." You said with a smile.

"Here." Draco said and held a piece of paper out. You took it and opened it up. "Write to me over the holidays."

"I'll do my best." You replied and put the piece of paper with his address on in your pocket. "You need to write back to me as well."

"I'll do my best pumpkin." He winked and went to start walking away.

"Where are you going? The feast is that way." You said.

"I forgot something from my dorm." He shrugged.

"I'll see you after summer then Draco." You said emphasizing his name as you still hadn't gotten used to calling him by his first name. He came closer to you and looked down the corridor before he kissed your cheek.

"I'll see you after summer Y/N."

-

You arrived in the great hall and it was already full. Your eyes searched for your friends till they landed on Ron's ginger hair.

"I'm starving." You said as you took your seat next to Ron. "Look at all this food!"

"I know!" Ron replied excitedly with a mouthful of food.

"He's on his second plate already." Hermione said.

"Guess I'll have to eat quicker to catch him up." You laughed and began to fill your plate and mouth with food.

You and Ron had gotten into a competition of who can eat the most and you became so engrossed in it you didn't even see Harry come and sit in front of you.

"I give up Y/N!" Ron sighed and held his stomach. "I think I'm going to be sick."

You looked up from your plate and that's when you saw Harry. He was laughing at the two of you.

"I win!" You cheered lifting your arms up.

"You also have food all over your face." Harry chuckled.

"I'm just saving it for later." You joked and then wiped it off. "So Ron you're saying you can't eat other slice of this cake?" You teased and held it in front of him.

"The thought of it makes me want to throw up everything I just ate." Ron said.

"More for me." You smiled.
-

You got off the carriage and began walking with Hermione, Harry and Ron towards the Hogwarts Express. You should have stopped eating when Ron did at the feast because afterwards you began feeling sick and you still hadn't stopped feeling nauseous.

"I've been thinking about something Dumbledore said to me." Harry said.

"What's that?" Hermione asked.

"That even though we've got a fight ahead of us." Harry said. "We've got one thing that Voldemort doesn't have."

"yeah?" Ron asked.

"Something worth fighting for." Harry replied with a smile.

____________________________________

So that's it for OOTP, hope you enjoyed it and i am really excited to start the next movie because of draco's character development lop

Thank you for all the love on this book up to now i really appreciate it and i can't believe how many reads i have!! Stay safe :)

more to come,

Maisie