Chapter 16

The day had came. The first task of the tri-wizard tournament. You was so nervous for Harry and Cedric, but you knew that they could handle it. Hermione had gone to the champions tent to wish Harry good luck etc. You and Ron were finding some seats.

"Bloody hell Y/N! They're going to get themselves killed." Ron exclaimed as we found seats.

"I hope not." You replied looking down into the rocky pit below you. 

"Y/N! Ron!" You heard from across the row. Hermione waved at the two of you as she scooted past people.

"How is he?" You asked concerned about Harry.

"Ok. I think." Hermione said. "Although that journalist, Rita, took a picture of Harry and I hugging for some false story probably." 

Soon all the stands were completely full and the crowd all stood in anticipation waiting for the sound of the canon. Suddenly a loud bang was heard. "Who's first?" Ron asked.

"Cedric." Hermione answered. 

The crowds didn't stop chanting and screaming through Cedric's fight or Viktor's or Fleur's. The three of them all completed the task, which put a lot of pressure on Harry to succeed. 

"Three of our champions have now faced their dragons and so each of them will proceed to the next task. And now our fourth and final contestant." Dumbledore announced.

Harry walked out into the rocky arena as the crowd shouted his name. You screamed and clapped your hands. It was silent as Harry stood there thinking of his first move. He ran forwards towards the golden egg that was sat in the middle of the pit, but the dragon swung his tail barely missing Harry. Everybody screamed and ducked as Harry was thrown against a rock. The dragon breathed fire and flapped its wings defensively.

"This is awful." You muttered to yourself. Just as you thought that Harry could try to get up, once again the Hortail threw his tail down next to Harry again and again as he was thrown around like a doll. The dragon roared so loudly you covered your ears. 

Everybody slowly began standing up to see Harry lay helplessly on the ground. Harry scrambled across the floor for shelter as the Hortail flamed him.

"Your wand Harry! Your wand!" Hermione screamed. 

It felt hopeless for Harry. The dragon was ready to kill him. Harry was hidden behind a rock just as the dragon took another hit at him and burnt the rock.

You noticed something in the corner of your eye and cheered. His firebolt. Harry jumped up and got on his broom flying in the arena. "Yes! Yes Harry!" You screamed. Harry went into the air and circled the arena. The dragon growled and snapped out of it's chains.

"Merlins-" You began in horror. Harry busted through the crowd and the dragon followed. Where were they going? None of the other dragons had broke its chain. This was bad.

"Well done dragon!" One of the twins yelled from behind you.The crowd cheered loudly. How was people enjoying this right now? You asked yourself. You could hardly see Harry and the dragon as they flew around the castle. You could only hear the roars of the dragon in the distance.

Then it went silent. A huge thud was heard and you gasped putting your hand over your mouth. Where's Harry? 

"Look!" A first year pointed. You span your head around and saw Harry. The crowd erupted with excitement and relief. He clutched the golden egg and held it up to the sky. 

-

Harry was being lifted in the air by George and Fred as the rest of Gryffindor celebrated around the common room.