Chapter 3

"Mr filch, round up the ghosts. We need to search every painting in the school to find the fat lady." Dumbledore demanded moving his hand across one of the marks.

"There's no need for ghosts. The fat lady's there." Filch pointed. Everyone started running to the painting, it seriously was like a stampede. You couldn't help but laugh at Percy was being pushed against the wall as all the students darted up the stairs.

"My dear lady," Dumbledore began. "Who did this to you?" He asked. There she was, the fat lady hiding behind an animal crying.

"Eyes like the devil and his soul as dark as his name." She whimpered. "It's him headmaster the one they all talk about! Ge's here somewhere in the castle! Sirius Black." She cried and hid behind the animal again.

"Secure the castle Mr filch." Dumbledore ordered. "Rest of you, the great hall!" Dumbledore yelled. Holding your hand over your mouth in shock you stood stuck there staring at the painting on the wall.

"Is it a bad time to say i need a toilet." You whispered to Hermione.

"Honestly Y/N, yes it's a very bad time." Hermione said. As quickly as you could you ran through the busy halls bumping into people and earning a few pushes in return. You did not want to be alone out of the great hall.

When you finally reached the bathroom you noticed someone was already inside. "Hello?" You questioned. "Could you hurry please?" You asked.

The door swung open to reveal Susan Bones. She frowned in confusion. "Go to the great hall! Sirius he's here." You told her.

Once you finished you basically ran to the great hall. "Where have you been?" McGonagall quizzed.

"The bathroom, i really couldn't hold it sorry." You apologized.

"Very well Miss Y/L/N." She said handing you a sleeping bag. Your eyes scanned the great hall to see there was no room next to any of your friends. The choice was between Hannah Abbott and Susan Bones, you didn't really mind but you weren't close with them. You had really only spoke briefly for example just in the bathroom.

You layed down next to Susan who was already sleeping. Was I really gone that long? You thought to yourself. You rolled over so you were facing the wall. You hated being on the end because if Sirius Black came into the hall then you'd be the most vulnerable.

Suddenly something hit the floor next to you. You held back your scream thinking it was Sirius, but then you caught sight of familiar blond hair.

"What are you doing here?" You whispered bitterly as Malfoy layed next to you in his sleeping bag.

"Everyone is sleeping in Slytherin over there and there's no space. How come you're not asleep?" He asked turning to face you.

"Well there's a space next to Hannah so you can go away and i went to the bathroom. I thought i was quick but i guess not." You informed. "Why are you here so late?"

"That's none of your business and to be honest as much as I hate you i'd still rather sleep here than next to a Hufflepuff." He said.

"I just told you why i was late why can't you tell me?" You asked.

"Because it has nothing to do with you." He shrugged pulling the sleeping bag closer to his face.

"At least I'm not on the edge anymore." You mumbled.

"Why? Oh, are you scared?" He teased smirking.

"No i was just cold." You lied turning away from him.

"Sure Y/L/N." He whispered. I could tell he was still smirking without even looking at him.

It seemed as if hours had passed and you still couldn't get to sleep. You rolled back over and faced Malfoy who was just gazing up at the night sky in the bewitched ceiling."You know it's rude to stare." He smirked turning his head.