Chapter 27

The tables were filled with food and you instantly put everything on your plate. Harry had been getting looks from students and he didn't say anything but it was obviously affecting him. 

"Good evening children!" Dumbledore greeted. "Now we have two changes in staffing this year." He announced.  "We're pleased to announce professor Grubbly-plank who'll be taking care of magical creatures, while professor Hagrid is on temporary leave. We also would like to welcome the new defense against the dark arts teacher, professor  Dolores Umbridge. And i'm sure you'll all join me in wishing the professors good luck. As usual our caretaker Mr Filch has asked me to remind you-" Dumbledore was cut off by Umbridge coughing. She was dressed head to toe in pink. It hurt your eyes. She got up like she owned the school and walked up to the stand. 

"She was at my hearing, she works for Fudge." Harry whispered. 

"Thank you headmaster for those kind words of welcome. And how lovely to see your bright, happy faces smiling up at me. I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends." She spoke in an annoying high-pitched voice.

"That's likely." You muttered to Ron. "Plus i don't see one smiling face in the room."

"The ministry of magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards to be of vital importance. Although each headmaster has brought something new to this historic school. Progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged. Let us preserve what must be preserved. Perfect what can be perfected and prune practices that ought to be prohibited." She ended her speech with a small giggle and walked back to her seat.

"What is she on?" You asked. There was a small round of applause at her speech but most students were just confused.

"Thank you professor Umbridge for that most illuminating speech." 

"Illuminating? What a load of waffle." Ron said.

"What't it mean?" Harry asked. 

"It means the ministry is interfering at Hogwarts." Hermione informed.

"Comical. That woman looks crazy." You said glancing over to Professor Umbridge who was over-looking everybody. 

-

You was sat next to George and Fred when Harry walked into the common room. Everyone inside fell silent. 

"Dean, Seamus good holiday?" Harry asked.

"Alright. Better than Seamus' anyway." Dean replied.

"My mum didn't want me to come back this year." Seamus said standing up.

"Why's that?" Harry asked.

"Let me see...Because of you. The daily Prophet has been saying a lot about you and Dumbledore." Seamus said.

"What? And your mum believes them?" 

"Well nobody was there the night Cedric died." Seamus said.

"I guess you should read the Prophet then like your stupid mother." Harry defended.

"Don't you dare talk about my mother like that!" Seamus yelled.

"I'll have a go at anybody that calls me a liar." 

"What's going on?" Ron ran into the room.

"He's mad is what's going on!" Seamus pointed at Harry. "Do you believe the rubbish he's coming out about you-know-who?"

"Yeah i do" Ron replied. "Has anybody else got a problem with Harry?" Harry stormed away and Ron followed him.

"Learn to shut your mouth Seamus." You snapped at him.