Chapter 12

Ever since the Quidditch world cup you had been feeling sick. Today was the first day back at Hogwarts, which you'd normally be happy about but how could you when you he was coming back. 

You was sat in your compartment with Ron, Hermione and Harry. You was just resting your eyes when you heard the woman with the trolley coming down the corridor. It always brought a smile on your face because Ron would get so excited.

"Anything from the trolley dears?" The woman asked sweetly. 

"Packet of drewbals and a liquorice wand." You hear Ron say. "On second thought, just the drewbals." 

"It's alright I'll get it." Harry offered. 

"Just the drewbals, thanks." Ron says and hands the woman the money. You could see that Ron wanted them but didn't want Harry to take pity on him. You stood up next to Harry and decided to get some sweets. You bought some liquorice wands, some chocolate frogs and a pack of drewbals. Obviously you weren't planning on eating them all, you just didn't want to make Ron feel bad about somebody buying him something so you made it out like you just didn't want them anymore because you felt sick. 

"This is horrible. How can the ministry not know who conjured it? Isn't there security or something?" Hermione stated after reading the newspaper.

"loads according to dad, that's what worried them so much. It happened right under their noses." Ron said.

"It's hurting again isn't it? Your scar." You asked Harry.

"I'm fine." Harry said.

"You know Sirius will want to hear about this. What you saw at the world cup, and the dream." Hermione said. Harry wrote a letter and sent Hedwig off with it. 

-

After you'd unpacked at Hogwarts you met Harry, Hermione and Ron outside ready to watch as the two schools arrived, Drumstrang and Beauxbatons, 

Seven white horses flew through the air pulling along a blue carriage in to land at Hogwarts. It was beautiful. You could see Hagrid waving it in at the bottom of the grounds. 

"Well there's something you don't see everyday." You laughed. Everybody cheered loudly.

You looked out at the water and saw what looked like a very small boat. Suddenly it grew out of the water and a humongous ship appeared and started to approach the school. 

"Now we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement. This castle will not only be your home this year but home to some very special guests as well. You see Hogwarts has been choosen..." Dumbledore started his speech whilst Filch was doing his funny little run towards the front of the hall. Dumbledore continued his speech as Filch ran back to the door.

"So Hogwarts has been choosen to host a legendary event. The Tri-Wizard tournament. Now for those of you who do not know, the tri-wizard tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. From each school a single student is selected to compete. Now let me be clear, if choosen you stand alone. And trust me when I say these contests are not for the faint hearted, but more of that later. For now please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of magic and their headmistress Madam Maxime."

A group of girls all dressed in blue uniform entered the great hall and danced up the aisle and released butterflies. They all bowed and as everybody cheered. Their headmistress was a giant or just really tall. She kind of scared you but not much. Dumbledore kissed Madam Maxime's hand then quickly moved back to his stand.

"And now our friends from the north, please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang and the high master Igor Karkaroff." Dumbledore introduced.

You looked at the door and saw a group of older looking boys enter holding bo staffs. They twirled them around and all stabbed them in the group synchronized as sparks flew off them. They all started running to the front of the great hall, which was kind of intimidating. 

Gaspes filled the hall. "Blimey, it's him. It's Viktor Krum!" Ron whimpered. You couldn't believe your eyes, it was really him. One of the boys at the front breathed out some fire which took the shape of a snake and then an eagle. Damn that school is patriotic. You thought to yourself as Igor hugged Dumbledore.

Drumstrang was placed on the end of Slytherin's table and Beauxbatons was placed on the end of  Ravenclaw's table. You'd all finished eating your dinner and Dumbledore just stood back up to take another speech. 

"Your attention please! I would like to say a few words. Eternal glory, that is what awaits the student who wins the tri-wizard tournament. But to do this that student must survive three tasks. Three extremely dangerous tasks." Dumbledore began "For this reason the ministry has seen fit to impose a new rule. To explain all this we have the head of the department of international magic cooperation Mister Bartimus Crouch."

Suddenly a crash of lightning and thunder struck from the roof as it started to rain. A spell got cast over from the corner. Stood there was an odd looking man with a glass eye and a long coat. 

"Bloody hell, it's mad-eye moody!" Ron exclaimed.

"Alastor Moody? The auror?" Hermione asked.

"Aura?" Dean Thomas asked

"Dark wizard catcher. Half the cells in Azkaban are full thanks to him. He's supposed to be mad as a hatter though these days." You explained

Dumbledore shook his hand and thanked him for coming. Your eyes followed Mad-eye as he limped over to a corner. He slyly, but not in a hidden way, gulped down a drink

"What do you'd suppose he's drinking?" Seamus asked with a grin. 

"I don't know, but I don't think it's pumpkin juice." Harry said. You chuckled and continued watching him.

Barty took centre stage and observed the crowd of students. "After due consideration the ministry has concluded that for their own safety no student under the age of seventeen shall be allowed to put forth their name for the tri-wizard tournament.This decision is final." He said sternly. Booing and shouting erupted from all four tables.

"That's rubbish! You don't know what you're doing!" George yelled.

"That didn't go down well." You mumbled to Hermione taking a look around the hall. 

"Silence!" Dumbledore bellowed. He cast a spell over the box that stood next to him. It slowly transformed into a goblet of fire with a blue flame.

"The goblet of fire. Anyone wishing to submit themselves for the tournament merely write their name upon a piece of parchment and throw it in the flame before this hour on Thursday night.Do not do so lightly, if chosen there's no turning back. As from this moment the tri-wizard tournament has begun." Dumbledore announced.

___________________________

This chapter was just a filler basically because it has no draco but it needs to be included for the book, i probably could've shortened it down but i didn't lol. The next chapter has more Draco and Cedric

thanks for reading :)

~ Maisie <3