Chapter 10 | Goblet of Fire

It was nearly time to go back to Hogwarts, but today was the day that you'd see the Quidditch world cup! Excited was an understatement. You was downstairs with Mrs Weasley helping with breakfast. Hermione went upstairs to wake the two boys, Harry and Ron, up because if she didn't then you'd be late. You loved the Weasley's they were like your second family.

-

You, Fred, George, Ginny, Mr Weasley and Hermione were walking through some woods and you didn't really know where it'd lead but you didn't question it. Harry and Ron were tagging on behind.

"hey Dad, where are we actually going?" Ron asked from behind.

"Haven't the foggiest, keep up." Mr Weasley replied. 

The eight of you had been mostly walking in a comfortable silence for a few minutes until somebody made you jump out of your skin.

"Arthur!" A man shouted from next to a tree in the distance. "It's about time son." Who was this man? You thought to yourself 

"Sorry Amos, some of us had a bit of a sleepy start." Mr Weasley replied glaring at Harry and Ron. Ron just yawned in response. You laughed and rolled your eyes at him. "This is Amos Diggory everyone, he works with me at the ministry." Somebody jumped down from the tree next to Amos startling you. "And this strapping young man must be Cedric. Am I right?"  

"Yes sir." Cedric answered shaking his hand. "This way." 

You, Ginny and Hermione all looked at each other in awe. "Wow." You murmured so only they could hear it. They both nodded as you all followed the rest of the group.

-

Everybody had gone off into their separate conversations after the first hour or so of walking and you hoped you was nearly there because you had started to get tired. 

"Hey." You turned to your side and saw Cedric. "I didn't catch your name before." 

"I didn't throw it." You replied sarcastically. He laughed in response. His laugh. His laugh!  Your heart was going crazy. "I'm Y/N." You smiled. 

"I'm Cedric, how come I've never seen you before?" 

"I don't know, maybe because we're in different houses or something." You suggested.

"Maybe, how'd you know i was in a different house to you?" He questioned.

"Guessed." You replied making eye contact with him, which set off butterflies in your stomach.

"That's it, just over there." Mr Weasley announced. "Hurry, we don't want to be late." You followed Cedric over to what looked like a shoe. You guessed this was the portkey to the cup. "Now get yourselves into a good position."

"Why are they all  standing around that manky old boot?" Harry asked.

"That isn't just any manky old boot mate." Fred said.

"It's a portkey." George finished

"Time to go!" Mr weasley shouted.  

You all gathered around the shoe ready to go. 

"What's a portkey?" Harry questioned confused.

"Ready? After 3... 1 2" Amos started.

"Harry!" You shouted. He grabbed the shoe just as Amos said three. 

Suddenly you was spinning through some portal, you'd read and been told about portkeys but never once been in one. You looked around as your mouth hung open in awe.

"Let go!" Mr Weasley instructed.

"What?" Hermione asked.

"Let go!" He repeated. You took a deep breath and let go of the boot. 

Falling, you were falling to the ground. You began screaming. That's it I'm going to die. You thought. Without any warning you hit the ground with a thud. You looked up to see Mr Weasley, Mr Diggory and Cedric gracefully floating to the ground. How did they do that?

"Bet the cleared your sinuses, Eh?" Amos laughed. 

Cedric smiled at you and held out his hand for you to take. "Thanks." You said grabbing it as he helped you up. 

You both ran to catch up with the group. At first it just looked like it was a green hill that lead to more open fields but as you neared the top it overlooked a huge crowd of people and tents.

"Well kids, welcome to the Quidditch world cup!" Mr Weasley said. 

The atmosphere was amazing, everybody had a smile on their face. You passed through the crowds that were singing and laughing as music played all around and people flew on the broomsticks in the air. 

"Look!" You said pointing at a man that was juggling fire as another man next to him was putting a sword down his throat. 

"Haven't you been here before?" Cedric asked you

"No, i always have wanted to but my mum thinks my dad would loose me, which she isn't too wrong about." You laughed.

"Fair enough." Cedric replied "You're going to love it!" 

"I already am!" 

A broom swept over the top of your heads with inches to spare. "This is amazing!" You grinned happily.  

"Better than amazing." Cedric said looking at you. 

 Amos and Cedric split away from the rest of you to find their tent that was separate to where yours was. 

"See you later Cedric!" Harry waved off. Cedric nodded and smiled. 

You soon arrived at a small tent. You didn't mind that it was small, but you wondered how everybody would fit. 

"Home sweet home!" Mr Weasley announced.

As you entered the tent you realized that it wasn't a normal tent. Then again why would it be a normal tent? It's the wizarding world

"Girls choose a bunk and unpack. Ron get out the kitchen we're all hungry." Arthur said

"Yeah get out of the kitchen Ron!" The twins said in unison.

"Feet off the table." Arthur said to the twins.

"Feet off the table." They once again said in unison. 

You ran past with Ginny and Hermione exploring the giant tent. This was heaven. 

______________

First part of y/n's fourth year! Not too long this chapter and not any malfoy but still wanted to include it :)

Hope you enjoyed

-maisie 🧸