Chapter 38

You and Malfoy had been passing each other notes during class for the past couple of days since the kiss. You hadn't kissed since then, even though Malfoy had attempted to, but anytime he looked like he was going to lean in you sort of dodged it and tried to talk about something. You thought maybe you just wasn't use to him being, well you didn't know, but you wasn't use to the fact that you had kissed him and the realization of liking him. 

"I am so tired." You complained to Hermione, whilst writing.

"Miss Y/L/N do you not know the meaning of silence?" Umbridge asked glaring at you from her desk.

"Yes." You replied.

"Then how come you was speaking? Do you care to share with the class?" She asked standing up. Everybody's turned their heads to look at you and you gulped. You had literally said four words and now the whole class was staring at you.

"It's not important really." You muttered. Umbridge gave you a look which made you feel like you had to say what you had said to Hermione. "But if you insist, I said 'I am so tired' I was mainly talking to myself."

"Then say it in your head next time and don't disrupt the class." Umbridge said with a smile and turned back to her desk then did a small giggle.

"I wasnt the one who disrupted the class!" You exclaimed. Umbridge turned around and raised her eyebrows. "Nobody even heard me apart from you and Hermione and even if they did, they paid absolutely no attention to it until you pointed it out and made me repeat it!" You ranted.

"Excuse me, but if you-"

"This whole class is an absolute joke I'm sorry but it is." You interrupted. "And the way-"

"Enough!" She shouted and stormed over to your table. "I will be seeing you straight after this lesson and then I think you deserve a detention." She giggled. You had to bite the inside of your cheek to stop yourself from saying anything more.

When the lesson finished you stayed seated until everybody had left and then slowly packed away and made your way to Umbridge's desk. "What right do you think you have got speaking to a professor like that?" She asked standing up and trying to intimidate you, which didn't really work because you was taller than her.

"I was standing up for myself Professor." You replied.

"No, you was disrespecting a member of staff! I expect to see you in my office at the end of the day, not five minutes later than your last class, which is..."

"Transfiguration." You said.

"Yes Transfiguration, not even five minutes." She repeated. You nodded and walked away from her.

"Fucking ridiculous." You mumbled outloud to yourself as you left the classroom. 

"'What is?"

You looked to your left and saw Malfoy push himself off the wall next to the classroom.

"Was you waiting for me?" You asked.

"No, I hang outside of this room for fun and then go to Umbridge for a little catch up." He said sarcastically. You chuckled and rolled your eyes at him.

"'Aren't you going to be late for your next lesson?" You asked.

"It's lunch." He replied.

"Is it? I did say I was tired." You laughed.

"What did you say was fucking ridiculous?" He asked

"Umbridge. Basically she said that I disrespected her and that I have a detention after last period. She also emphasized the fact that I can't be more than five minutes late." You said.