chapter 19

You and Cedric had danced and talked through all the songs so far. Now it was no longer traditional dancing and more fun and rock. You were jumping around and laughing.

"You are a terrible dancer!" You joked.

"So are you!" Cedric said back and he lifted you in the air. You continued to dance with him and sing to the music. "You're also a terrible singer." Cedric added.

"I know." You grinned. You kept noticing that Cedric's eyes kept wondering off to somewhere but every time you turned around nobody was looking at the two of you all that was there were Cho and a boy from Drumstrang, along with some others.

The song ended and everybody screamed and clapped. Another one started up but you saw Harry and Ron sat down looking really depressed. "I'm off to go and check on the two idiots sat over there." You shouted to Cedric over the music.

"Ok I'll be here." He replied. You shoved your way through the crowd and reached the table where Harry and Ron were sat.

"What are you two doing?" You asked.

"What does it look like." Ron replied shortly.

"Sitting down when you should be having fun with your dates!" You exclaimed giving the Patil twins sympathetic looks. "Come on!" You said grabbing Harry and Ron by the arms. They pulled away and sank in their seats. "Fair enough then. I hope you have the best time staring at people." You sighed and strolled back over to the crowd. 

You couldn't see Cedric anywhere. You had gone to the place you was before but he was gone. You tucked a strand of hair behind your ear and was about to go away when somebody grabbed your shoulder. 

"Fred!" You gasped. "Ah!" You screamed as another hand went on your other shoulder. "George! You both scared the hell out of me!" You laughed.

"Sorry." Fred said.

"But not that sorry." George finished and started to dance in front of you. 

"Come on!" Fred chuckled and started to dance as well. "You looked puzzled."

"I can't find Cedric." You replied.

"I haven't seen him all night, but does it matter?" George asked.

"Let's dance!" Fred shouted. 

"Ah what the heck." You shrugged and danced with the twins till the song ended.

You decided to get a drink. You still hadn't found cedric yet, but hoped he'd just pop up. On your way you noticed Hermione and Ron looking like they were arguing or something, but thought it'd be best if you just stayed away. As you drank your drink, you saw Hermione had a saddened look on her face as she went over to Viktor. You put it down and went up to them. "Hey is everything alright?" You asked placing a hand on her arm.

She nodded. "Ron is just being a complete arse." She fumed. 

"Try and ignore him and have fun with Viktor." You smiled and looked at Krum. 

"What's your name?" He asked in his accent.

"Y/N Y/L/N." You answered.

"Very nice to meet you." He nodded at you with a smile.

"Same goes." You replied. You said bye to the two of them and left them alone. You couldn't believe Viktor had smiled at you. You had been a fan for a while and you tried to not fan girl especially when Hermione was his date. 

You gave it one last shot to look for Cedric. You went on the dance floor and scanned the crowd. You stopped in horror. You couldn't believe it. Cedric and Cho were kissing, they were just kissing in front of everybody. Cedric glanced up and then his facial expression changed as his eyes landed on you. You stormed up to him. 

"Well?" You spat. 

"I can explain-" He began.

"Is there even anything to explain? I just saw you and cho kissing. There is no excuse for it. How could you? In view of everybody as well!" You nearly exploded trying to keep your voice quiet. However because of them blatantly kissing a few couples were already watching the three of you. "I cannot believe you Cedric! I cannot believe you!" You raged. 

"Y/N I didn't want to hurt you I-" 

"Hurt me? Hurt me?" You fumed. "Why would you asking me to be your date and acting like you cared about me then leaving to kiss another girl hurt me? Oh wait of course it would. Don't you dare say you didn't want to hurt me Cedric Diggory!" You yelled, not realising how loud you had gotten at the end of your rant. You pushed your way past everybody. You needed to get away from the stupid ball before you started to cry.

"Y/N where are you going?" Harry asked as you was about to go past them.

"Just off to the bathroom." You replied with a fake smile. He nodded but looked concerned. You sped off out of the hall.  

Tears started forming your eyes as you went up the stairs. "Why me?" You cried quietly turning a corner that lead to an empty corridor. You felt the warm salty tears fall down your face. You didn't even know why it hurt so much and it made you cry even more because you just felt pathetic. You leant against the wall and lifted your head up and stared up to the ceiling trying to stop your tears. You heard footsteps in the distance and turned your head to see who it was. "You've got to be kidding me." You mumbled and pushed yourself off the wall. As you began to speed walk you could hear the footsteps also picking up. He caught your wrist. With your spare hand you quickly wiped away the escaped tears on your cheeks before spinning around.

"What do you want?" You spat pulling away your arm and staring into his eyes. "Here to make fun of my hair? My dress? My appearance in general? Or is it maybe my personality?" You quizzed. He stayed silent. "Or did you just come to make me feel more shit then i already do? Did you see Cho and Cedric fucking kissing in front of everybody and thought you'd come to laugh at me and rub it in my face?" You shouted.
"Just say it Malfoy! I don't care! I don't care!" You screamed as tears threatened to spill out of your eyes again. Malfoy stared at you with a blank expression.

"Why are you even here? You are so spiteful all the time! Do you enjoy making people feel like nothing?" You yelled at him trying to find the words to Express the anger that was pouring out of you. "Malfoy just fucking speak or leave me alone!" You screamed leaning against the wall. He still didn't respond to you. You slid down the wall and let the tears spill out. You couldn't believe you were having a breakdown in front of Draco Malfoy when you knew that tomorrow he'd just make fun of you, but you couldn't hold in your emotions even though you hated crying in front of people because it made you feel weak and vulnerable, but at this moment you didn't care. You looked at him with pain in your eyes waiting for his answer if he even had one. 

"Better?" He began. You just nodded in response wiping your eyes that had streams of tears falling from them. "I saw Diggory and Chang together." 

"Good for you." You muttered looking away from him and wiping away another tear. 

Out the corner of your eye you saw Malfoy move next to you and then watched him as he slid down beside you. He turned his head towards you and leant it against the wall, you did the same. "You don't deserve this you know." He said. 

_________________________________________________

Thank you for reading ! remember to vote

now you'll see a lot more progress in the relationship between Draco and yourself as the Yule ball continues next chapter :)

-MAisie